• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. R

The Premiership

No, not soccer. What has happened to modern TV and films and books over the years. Crudeness and gore seems to be all that is available in TV crime stories anyway. Murder and rape and horrid stuff is all that is offered it seems. Crime does not have to be thussly so....does it? Heck, there have...
  2. R

Cadbury Building Crooked Lane

I have wondered about the location of Cadbury's in Crooked Lane for a while. We know that the first factory was there but the exact location has eluded us I think...unless I have missed a post or two. Anyway, I was looking through saved photo's and artwork and would like to put forward the...
  3. R

Burlington Arcade

I always thought that Burlington Passage was pretty much an arcade...not covered but full of stores and a gents hairdresser. I suspect it is still there.
  4. R

Landscape before the Town Hall

Here are a couple of pictures that may have been missed by some during recent network problems. They are two of the great pictures of the past on here, posted by others, one offering a unique glimpse of the buildings that were demolished to build...the town hall. Sketches of course in those days...
  5. R

Congreve Street

Extracted from the Landscape before the Town Hall thread .... ....... a unique glimpse of the buildings that were demolished to build...the town hall. Sketch of course in those days was from a vantage point about where Christ Church stood. The picture was labelled Paradise Street 1822 and in...
  6. R

Asleep At The Post

re-organising
  7. R

Reboot (Imperial)

re-organising
  8. R

Manor House & Moat Lane

I have sorted a few views of the Manor House that have been posted and attempted to tie the information together. Sketches maybe but I think that the old time artists tried to depict what they saw. The first one I have only recently seen it was listed as Moat Lane but I think it was from a...
  9. R

The Box

re-organising
  10. R

Second innings

re-organising
  11. R

The Call Of The...Lid!!!

re-organising
  12. R

Above The Brook

re-organising .
  13. R

They can not last

re-organising
  14. R

Time Gone By

re-organising
  15. R

Ancient Views

I thought that it might be interesting to post a view with a map, in this case using the 1890 ordnance survey map to locate the view. If only the link is posted it does not take up much space and those who want a permanent ref can download. Anyway here goes...
  16. R

Book: HMS Ullyses by Alistair Maclean

Just read it again after 40 years. Super story about iron men.
  17. R

Book: Reap The Whirlwind by Spencer Dunmore

Great book about the Canadian Halifax bomber pilots and the happanings.
  18. R

The Aeroplanes

When I came to Canada I left from here in the Viscount to London. As a kid I used to ride out to here to watch the DC3s and De-Haviland Dragon Rapides land and take-off. If I was lucky I got to see one whilst I was eating my bread and jam sandwich. https://madeinbirmingham.org/airport.htm
  19. R

Memories

re-organising
  20. R

The Knife Sheffee

Deleted by Rupert
Back