• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

The Premiership

Rupert

master brummie
No, not soccer. What has happened to modern TV and films and books over the years. Crudeness and gore seems to be all that is available in TV crime stories anyway. Murder and rape and horrid stuff is all that is offered it seems. Crime does not have to be thussly so....does it? Heck, there have been enough murders in Oxford to have decimated the population there by now and I am sure that is not the case. What happened to the crafty crime where extraneous means are used to get to the swag and only sprained ankles and broken finger nails are experienced. What happened to the Dangerous Davies style of writing that contained side issues and humor...and 'super acting'. Does there always have to be a murder nowadays. Sure there were murders in the affore mentioned series, but treated differently I think and the cast was not so angled and crude. Gosh even 'Steptoe and Son' could be more accurately described as 'ribald' than crude. I suppose that dates me a bit and that was a comedy series anyway.
No, I suppose without the blood guts and gore; you can't be in The Premiership in this league....seemingly. If that's the case, then I suppose I belong in a division lower with Gill's old team. So let's kick this premiere league out of here and play with the Champions...er...ever so nicely. Well, no broken bones anyway. Re-populate Oxford.

I watch very little TV now, and that is the reason, sex, violence and obscene language seem to be essential ingredients of current programmes - that and ever lengthening adverts on the commercial channels. Also I do not find the modern comedian particularly funny, most relying on smut and bad language. I'm inclined to listen to the Radio rather than watch the 'box' although I do watch repeats of past comedy programs, George and Mildred, Keeping up appearances, The Good life, Rising Damp etc, programs they seem unable to produce nowadays. Eric

I watch very little TV now, and that is the reason, sex, violence and obscene language seem to be essential ingredients of current programmes - that and ever lengthening adverts on the commercial channels. Eric

It seems as if the programs are interupting the adverts these days.

Terry

Back