• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. maggieuk

Hep with date or uniform please

Hi all could anyone suggest a date or what uniform this maybe ..all i know the picture was took in India Thanks so much Maggie
  2. maggieuk

Help with date and uniform please

Could anyone please help with putting a date on this pic or what uniform this maybe ..all i know it was taken in India really need some help on this one thanks Maggie
  3. maggieuk

Hotmail/Livemail help please

Hi all Can someone help please ..i run all my email accounts through Windows Live Mail :)the problem i have is anytime i recieve an email on my Hotmail account it comes down twice.all my other emails come down as normal ..does anyone know how i can stop Hotmail from doing this Thanks Maggie
  4. maggieuk

Site Of The College Of Food And Domestic Art What Was There Before

Hi everyone :)could anyone give me any information about what was on the site of the College of Food and Domestic Art before it was built (going up from Summer Hill )also does anyone have a pic of the area before the college was there..doing some research with Heather and found out her gt...
  5. maggieuk

Help with hotmail please

Hi can someone please suggest what i can do about my Hotmail account ..everytime i get an email i receive the same one 4 or 5 times :rolleyes: looks like i am really popular ;)but it's doing me head in:)
  6. maggieuk

tonight channel 5 .Henrietta street ambulance station

Hi everyone there is a programme on channel 5 tonight at 8 pm about the emergency ambulance service ..the service operates from Henrietta Street ..as my daughter works on the Ambulances there and i know how hard the lads and lassies work .i make no apologies for promoting this programme
  7. maggieuk

Linux Advice Please

Hi Everyone:)Wanted to try Linux:rolleyes:.I made myself a linux disc and run it on my computer..it worked fine when i plugged my pooter into the modem BUT:rolleyes:when i tried to run it through my tp.link it wouldn't work..so tried to put my pooter back on Windows.had formatted the...
  8. maggieuk

Back-up disc help please

Help :DI am trying to do a back up disc on windows 7..did one a couple of weeks ago with no problems..now i have tried 5 times tonight and my pooter freezes at about 70% :rolleyes:.have took off all the pics and downloads i don't need anymore.can someone suggest where i could be going wrong...
  9. maggieuk

Old pics of Selly Oak on Facebook

Just found this on Facebook some lovely old pics of Selly Oak..hope the link works https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=112281302150572&v=photos
  10. maggieuk

Help needed with cert please

not a picture ..but would be really grateful if someone could have a go to make this clearer:)
  11. maggieuk

Help.. Firefox is driving me mad

Hi could anyone help please:)..I am running windows 7 with Firefox browser..everytime i click on Firefox or my home page i get the welcome to Firefox page telling me all about Firefox with my home page opening as well so i keep getting two tabs opening its driving me barmy:rolleyes:HELP
  12. maggieuk

Ear Nose and Throat Hospital

Looking through the posts of Birmingham Hospitals I cant see any mention of the old ENT hospital ..in 1962 i had my tonsils out there ..they didn't have a childrens ward and i was put on the womens ward..can anyone tell me where the hospital was I was 9 at the time and seem to remember it was...
  13. maggieuk

London-Prentice St and Rope Walk

Hi Everyone I have just read two little 30 page books by J P Letheridge..first one called A Soldiers Reward ..second one A Birmingham Murder..Both London -Prentice St and Rope Walk in Deritend are mentioned in the books circa 1835..anyone know where i can find a map with these streets:)
  14. maggieuk

Visa scam

Please everyone check this ..i have checked with Snopes and it is true https://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/creditcard.asp
  15. maggieuk

Map of Kates Hill Dudley 1950

Hi all does anyone know where I could get a street map of Kates Hill Dudley circa 1950..tried google but no luck Thanks Maggie
  16. maggieuk

bluetooth help please

Hi Me again:)..since putting in the new vista..my bluetooth has gone aWOL..used to be in my control panel ..I have bought a new dongle today but cant find out how to turn the bluetooth on ..Help :):):)
  17. maggieuk

Plague victims to be published online soon

Just read this on BBC News https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8257934.stm
  18. maggieuk

Aston Street 1950

Hi All.. does anyone have a pic of this street circa 1950 or know where I could get one Thanks Maggie
  19. maggieuk

Help with Vista please

Hi all i am running Vista with Firefox browser..Whenever I go away from My puter for any length of time it seems to go to sleep and I get a black screen...This used to happen on XP but when I came back I only had to click the mouse and things would be back to normal....since running Vista when...
  20. maggieuk

The Golden Cup Hockley

Hi everyone:)I am reading Kathleen Dayus omnibus (AGAIN):) we all know she mentions the George and Dragon pub but she said her dad's local was the Golden Cup..i would have thought the George was the closest pub to Camden Drive..does anyone know where the Golden Cup was...Thanks Maggie
Back