• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Back-up disc help please

maggieuk

The Fairybrain of Brum
Help :DI am trying to do a back up disc on windows 7..did one a couple of weeks ago with no problems..now i have tried 5 times tonight and my pooter freezes at about 70% :rolleyes:.have took off all the pics and downloads i don't need anymore.can someone suggest where i could be going wrong
thanks ..Maggie

Hi Maggie
Are you talking about doing a copy of your win 7 disc or a backup of your computer. If its the latter, the process should be automatic once set through the back up and restore centre of win7. What media are you using to back up your puter, an external drive (recomended), a seperate hard drive on your puter or by using DVDs?

Hiya John:)It was a back up of my computer and was trying to get it on DVD. ..i was doing it from the back up/restore centre.. the last one was no problem but this one is doing my head in

Maggie is - I am certain- trying to do a backup. Checking Google suggests she may not be alone in this. I suggest a third party program like Auslogic produce. Or one of the superb free ones available.

Sorry Maggie Auslogic is the defrag program I use :( Check on PC help as there is a list of frre software that people on here have used.

Back