• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

tonight channel 5 .Henrietta street ambulance station

maggieuk

The Fairybrain of Brum
Hi everyone
there is a programme on channel 5 tonight at 8 pm about the emergency ambulance service ..the service operates from Henrietta Street ..as my daughter works on the Ambulances there and i know how hard the lads and lassies work .i make no apologies for promoting this programme

Hiya Polly she has had a tv crew on some of her jobs but they are concentrating on the three bikers Mark ,Barry and Steve

A very good programme - they deserve medals for what they have to cope with everyday.
I used to work in New street over 20 years ago - in the part they showed in the programme - I had to call for an ambulance or the police many times but at least the public had more respect for the emergency services back then. It is shocking how they are treated now.

Thanks for telling us about this programme.

Polly

Maggie Pete was going to watch it as he likes this sort of programme but missed it due to the darts. I hope it will be repeated?. Jean.

we were in town last week and one of those motorbikes came down Union street,people were tutting cause they had
to move over to let him through,others just didn't move and he had to go round them,i couldnt believe it.
some poor soul was lying on the floor outside marks,who knows seconds might have been vital.
lynne

that is so true Lyn ..my daughter went to one a few weeks ago and the patient kicked her in the chest .with some of the patients and some of the public they deal with i think they should all get a medal ..mind you Mel said most of the people they do come into contact with are lovely

Last edited:
The new series starts tonight .. 8 0'clock channel 5.. Still following the guys from Henrietta Street around Brum ..proud to say my daughter is in this series

Thanks Maggie I have given Pete his order and I am going to watch it darts or no darts!!!!!!!!. ( I am not normally bossy). Jean.

I checked our TV and could not find it. Can you tell me when it's on.

hiya Wendy Tom said ya TV is a big square thing in the corner..sorry lol it's called Emergency Bikers ..channel 5 at 8 o'clock

i know Jean and a few others have followed this programme ..but would just like to say what a great job the girls and lads of Henrietta Street ambulance station Birmingham do ..and i was so proud to see my daughter on tonight

Hi Maggie I know who your daughter is now as we did see that part of the programme. It's just Pete and his b....y Coronation street but now I Have the link I will watch it again. I love the programme. Jean.

Hi Maggie.

These guys do a wonderful job they have the patience of a saint, I don't know how they can be so polite to some of those arkward people they attend from time to time the drunks & druggies etc.

I assume that they park up at the back of Rackhams because the take away food is good, or is it to keep out of the bosses way, no I think it's centrally convenient.

I no longer live in Brum but we do watch it, but when I lived in Brum the back of Rackham's was known for something else, perhaps it's change.

Ray in snowed in Devon

Was so proud to see our Mel on the last episode even if it was only for a few mins ..the new series starts on the 17th ..really worth watching if your a brummie

bet you were right proud of mel maggie...will tune into the new series..thanks for the reminder...

lyn

yes Lyn ..she went to another job today and the tv company were there ..real proud of all of the guys and girls at Henry

i love this programme maggie, i have just watched the latest one but dont know if your mel was in it as i am not sure what she looks like.... they all do a brilliant job..from kelly

Have only watched the first half and have to catch up another time. Pete has to watch his Cori but he too loves this programme. Jean.

Just caught up on the other half Maggie. Are you sure it isn't a gent by the name of Keith Jenney?. I look forward to next weeks Emergency Bikers and what I like about the programme they always let you know the outcome of the persons injured or taken ill whereas on others you are left to ponder.

i just watched the end of the programme on the i player and sadly she died six weeks later...so sad

Thanks Kelly. Lynne it is better that it is quick as my cousin died from the same illness and it was awful for the family to have to watch her suffer so much.

Back