• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. B

Fellows Family 19th century burials

Hi Kev my mother's surname was Fellows and also know her family originated from Dudley..I have a few certificates that I will have a look and see what information they give,i dont have access to any burial records unfortunately. Steve
  2. B

Cathy Come Home Film

Hi Lyn I looked the other night and it was on Amazon at the price I mentioned,it would be good if you can see your grandparents pub. Steve
  3. B

Cathy Come Home Film

Hi have seen it for sale on amazon for under 6 pound plus delivery,unless you spend over 10 pounds, then delivery is free, according to the website. Steve
  4. B

Summer Lane

Hi Lyn great photo of Summer Lane..do you have any of Vicarage Road? Steve
  5. B

carl chinn's Brum and Brummies

Hi I have four copies of Carl Chinns Brum and Brummies in very good condition for sale 20pound or nearest offer for the set..a great read and full of Birmingham's history.
  6. B

Golden Lion Cannon Hill

good luck with your fight to save the Golden Lion,Lyn..its disgraceful that has been left to fall in to rack and ruin.
  7. B

Peaky Blinders - A world away from Downton!

I have watched the first 2 episodes and think the drama has been very good so far,The accents aren't bad but I do seem to hear a bit of scouse coming through now and again,Overall I think its been good for the city that we have a decent drama based here,roll on part 3!
  8. B

'The Gangs of Birmingham' - (The Peaky Blinders)

Re: the peaky blinders I'm looking forward to it,the write up was excellent.
  9. B

Wpc56

Hi I watched all 5 episodes and generally thought it was quite a good programme.Some of the accents were debatable,the storylines were predictable but overall enjoyed the series,nice to see parts of Brum on tv,will be interesting to see if another series will be commissioned in the future.
  10. B

Courtyards and yards of brum

superb photos,so evocative of how people used to live,more please!!
  11. B

Evacuee from Burbury St School

We stood talking her for ages and her memory was superb,she also told me she was a member of the local history and there was a possibility that the local school may still have some registers etc, but the primary school reception were less than helpful,but I will contact the history group and see...
  12. B

Witton Square

thanks, jennyann I will have to go and have a look
  13. B

fellows

Thanks for the search,were there a michael and john who were both born on august 2nd,1945 i think.
  14. B

fellows

Hi I am looking for relatives of Arthur Fellows born in Birmingham 1904 and his wife Lillian ADAMS born 1903/04 also in Birmingham,any help would be appreciated.
  15. B

Vicarage Road.

Hi I used to live on Vicarage Road from 1960 till 1971,and remember the old police station and the junior school which i attended,I lived in East Terrace,near Victoria Road,I read on the forum there was a map of some courtyards along there,can anybody tell me how to access them.
  16. B

Witton Square

Does anyone have any phoyos of witton hall,the building was supposed to have been built on Brookvale village.
  17. B

Evacuee from Burbury St School

Great story,my mum was also evacuated in 1939/40,unfortunately I lost her 5 years ago and wish I had found out more of her childhood,she was sent to Etwall in Derbyshire.A couple of months ago I went to visit it and bumped into a lady who had lived their all her life,probably mid to late...
  18. B

Flog it in Brum

Hi Lyn I'm working Saturday so cant make it,hopefully I can the next meet, steve
  19. B

Flog it in Brum

your correct wendy, I was drawing comparisons with the machinery etc.Ive been around the factory and its very impressive,hopefully It will draw in the visitors and bring more people to the quarter,especially the Pen museum, a great place to go.
  20. B

Flog it in Brum

Hi the j.w.evans on hidden heritage the 14th august,it sounds an interesting place but similiar to the museum of the jewellery quarter on vyse street.
Back