• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Vicarage Road.

Hi I used to live on Vicarage Road from 1960 till 1971,and remember the old police station and the junior school which i attended,I lived in East Terrace,near Victoria Road,I read on the forum there was a map of some courtyards along there,can anybody tell me how to access them.

Hi Ray, I know its been a while since you asked does anyone remember you....you mention the Burford brothers, well John is my brother in law and I mentioned you to him and yes he remembers you well he asked me to ask you do you remember Sammy Edgar and if so do you or anyone reading this happen to know what happened to him...John is well would love to hear from you and hopes that you are well also....Doreen

David I went to the Senior School that was then Manor Park and I vaguely remember the staff talking about a Miss Becket. May be the same person. Jean.

Hi ray ;
just read your thread on vicarage rd ; do you remember the ansells brewery horse stables where they kept the big dray horses
after they done there days work of deliverying also when you said you moved around the corner on to
victoria rd do you recall a news agents oppersite the police station ;
my parents family used to own it and my mother and father used to run it for her father for him
until her father kept trying to tell my father how to run the shop
so he told him get somebody else to run it and they moved out in the the end the grand father got some-one else in the end
he was forced to sell the shop; also do you recal the bakers shop on the corner ; where they made whopping big
cottage loaves of bread with a big top on
have a nice day best wishes astonian

Back