• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The Stags Head 13th Feb 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lyn. Do you know which issue of the brummagem mag the pics will be in, as I need to get my Brother to get me a copy when it comes out.

In a previous post, I thanked all concerned for their efforts in making the meet one to remember. Unfortunately I forgot to say a huge THANK YOU to Prof & Marie. I hope you have now joined the forum and will be able to read this. A big round of applause go to you both, for allowing us all to have such a memorable day. Everyone connected with The Stags Head did everything they could to ensure we had a great time. So thanks very much. And how can you manage to put on such a spread for £1 ??? Fabulous day, fabulous people, and a fabulous location. Brilliant. (I take it I must have enjoyed myself?).

hi bazz....dont panic...:d as i would think it will be a couple of months yet as its a monthly mag but i will let you all know which month when i know...

memo...if any members find it difficult to buy the brummagem mag with the meet up article in i am quite happy to get them from this end and post them on:)

lyn:)

dont be silly bazz..i course you havnt...think it was john knight i was telling on sat that i was going to post that if any members wanted me to forward on the mag i would happily do it:) so no problem....

Actually the Brummagem mag has a mailing service . will scan in application form if anyone wants it ?

REQUEST....

hi all....if anyone has any pics of landlords prof and marie would you mind posting them please. as i need to choose the best ones..many thanks...

Well thats me back north of the border again, i have to say i had a great weekend, meeting so many happy,smiling people. My wife and i want to say a great big thank you to you all for making us welcome and hope that in the near future we have the chance to do it all again (minus the kilt) it was a bit chilly for that but never mind we all had a good laugh about it. The weekend got even better when i put my laptop and and got an email from one of our members (lynne webb)to tell me she had managed to find where one of my "lost" cousins was staying in kingstanding so i have to say that even when you think that you'll never find what you're looking for never give up!!! Once again thank you all for a great weekend, it was worth driving 300 miles and i wouldn't hesitate to do it all again

thanks chris..ive saved it...at least its not blurry...cant beleive i only took that one pic of prof and marie together...

hi ya frankie...so glad you got back ok and you and family had a good time..i am just sorry that i couldnt get round to sit and chat to everyone but it would have taken me a week..lol...and thats lovely that you have found a lost cousin and just proves that one should never give up as we never know whats round the corner...

lyn

Well thats me back north of the border again, i have to say i had a great weekend, meeting so many happy,smiling people. My wife and i want to say a great big thank you to you all for making us welcome and hope that in the near future we have the chance to do it all again (minus the kilt) it was a bit chilly for that but never mind we all had a good laugh about it. The weekend got even better when i put my laptop and and got an email from one of our members (lynne webb)to tell me she had managed to find where one of my "lost" cousins was staying in kingstanding so i have to say that even when you think that you'll never find what you're looking for never give up!!! Once again thank you all for a great weekend, it was worth driving 300 miles and i wouldn't hesitate to do it all again

It was great seeing you and your wife at thet Stag. I could never have worn a Kilt as proudly as you wore yours Saturday. Thank you. Till the next time:thumbsup:

OF COURSE NOT FRANKIE....we didnt mind you flying yer kilt on saturday so why mind you flying the flag....it looks good to me...:):)

lyn

Does anyone know the only pub that was not on the corner in Summer Lane?.....

Did you know The Barrel has closed?

yes kev..its been close for yonks....stag is the only pub left serving on the lane..

YES KEV..IT WAS THE VINE....there is a thread i started....title EVERY PUB ON SUMMER LANE....and i posted a pic of every pub but due to the upgrade all the pics were lost so i am going to re scan them all and re post them..

LYN....

Last edited:
I was told I could win money with that question, should have known better with Astoness around........

Some local - in a wooly hat, I'm sure lots of us spoke to him - told me on Saturday that the Stags wasn't on Summer Lane, it was on Brearley St. Is that right?

thats right david....all the pubs except for one (the vine) was on a corner and the offical addresses were given as the roads/streets off the lane...

kev..its a bit late for me to scan all the pics and the map showing the location of all the pubs but just for you here is the vine...i will do the rest tomorrow...:)

some local - in a wooly hat, i'm sure lots of us spoke to him - told me on saturday that the stags wasn't on summer lane, it was on brearley st. Is that right?

well i was told yesterday that the vine was the only pub in summer lane, but the address of the stag's is 79 summer lane, so that as kick that into touch

not sure about that froth..as i understood it the addresses were given as to where the living quarters where..maybe that changed over the years...anyhow the vine was definately the only pub that was not on a corner....:)just wished someone would find a pic of the red lion then i would have all 15 pubs...still it will be out there somewhere but may prove hard to get as it was demolished in the early 1920s:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back