• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The Stags Head 13th Feb 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here here as you can see from my signature my gt granny was a McKnight the family hailed from Dumfries:)!

I would love to go to the Stag again it was brilliant. Michael say's Prof and Marie should get 10 out of 10 for putting on the spread especially as the don't have a kitchen. The staff Prof and Marie were so friendly and kind! If anyone deserves for their pub to succeed they do and it would be nice if we give them our support.:)

brilliant thread :thumbsup:
thanks for the pics with the names
hopefully next year me and the mr. can join you all, and maybe my mom and brother

really glad you all had a good time :grouphugg04:

Here's a nice photo of Prof, Peter Walker, Colin B and just a little of John Houghton.:)

thanks wend....that a good one..:)

hi maz...you will be most welcome and you wont have to wait until next year:)

lyn

The address of a pub is determined where the door is situated for postal purpose's and there was only one pub in Summer lane

Mossy:p

If the door is on Summer Lane thats correct but i dont think the door is in Summer Lane it is in Brearley St the local with the wooly hat on who told David is perfectly right

Mau-reece

If the door is on Summer Lane thats correct but i dont think the door is in Summer Lane it is in Brearley St the local with the wooly hat on who told David is perfectly right

Mau-reece

Surely if the address is 79 SUMMER LANE that is where it is

Froth that site with the address is inaccurate take it from me as Lyn said earlier it is where the door is to the living quarters is and as i said before it is where they receive their post that determines what the address is

Mau-reece
:)

Froth that site with the address is inaccurate take it from me as Lyn said earlier it is where the door is to the living quarters is and as i said before it is where they receive their post that determines what the address is

Mau-reece:)

Moss just Goggle Stags Head Birmingham. ALL the sites say 79 Summer lane. Your saying your right over all them.
Look at the photo Moss. Most of the pub is on Summer lane PLUS 2 doors

Froth somebody could look on'' Kellys'' but as i said before the door to the living quarters is in Brearley St and that is the correct address and yes im saying that no matter what them pub sites are saying

Mossy

Last edited by a moderator:
Now now boys go sleep on it and no matter who is correct the pub is still open and doing a very very good trade by the looks. Jean.

order order...:headhit::headhit::D....this is not the first time that the address of certain pubs has been discussed...actually it would be good to find out if ever the stags address was brearely st.....i was just wondering that if its now summer lane if the door for posting letters had been changed...will try and find out...

lyn:)

1969 Kelly says.......................................wait for it........................................................79/80 Summer Lane

Colin

Last edited:
Going back to 1841 the Stags Head has always been listed as either 79/80 summer Lane , or 79 or 80 summer Lane , In earlier years 79 was a separate building . In 1855 it was a butchers. and at the same time no 80 was the stags head and also the landlord had a business making electroplated spoons and forks which was listed separately.
Mike.

Last edited:
morning mike..well thanks for clearing this one up:) ....ive learned something..

many thanks..

lyn:)

Wendy. I have already posted a bit myself regarding Prof & Marie, but I fully agree with your comments on #232.

Hi Lyn,I guess the theory may have got twisted over the years.Maybe it was that The Vine was the only pub on Summer Lane,while all the others were on the corner of Summer Lane.
I feel sure Mike has put a copy of Kelly's on the site in the past that shows a few pubs had their address as Summer Lane.
Moss.

morning moss:) just been saying the very thing to steve that the vine was indeed the only pub where the whole of the building was on the lane. and this is where the story has got mixed up..well thinking about it now as the stag has always been adressed as summer lane it makes it even more important....never to old to learn are we:)

lyn

Well Froth it looks like i ow you an apology you learn something new every day

Mossy

Now we have proved the Stags head is on Summer lane, Is Summer lane realy in Aston or is it in --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Only joking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back