• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Saint Georges Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey froth...leave norman alone:headhit::headhit:..he may look cute but can be ruthless when pushed:D

I stumbled upon last years Georges Day in Erdington last year, It was not widely advertised, although all over the High St there were posters, but none anywhere else.

What a pity that we dont celibrate our saints day like the Irish , have just come from the city centre ,and the parade is so large that surronding streets had been closed of . Max

Hi Max ,Am aready celibrate, have been for years, bit early, do they have it on the nearest Sunday? If I have been born two days early no doubt my name would be
Patrick, I will be 80 on the 19th, take care now, Bernard

Well im CELIBATE also Bernard and i am only 59 , i have to say not by choice though HA HA , its funny though you say about names and dates of birth ,if i had been born 1 day later my Mom was going to call me Valentine !! And happy birthday in advance . God Bless Max

What a pity that we dont celibrate our saints day like the Irish , have just come from the city centre ,and the parade is so large that surronding streets had been closed of . Max

Very true Maxwell, the Irish really have great day, even represeted by US Irish Veterans from New York, Bob Brolly was speaking to them on WM Radio

attachment.php
Hi Norman. My name is NorrisHello Norris

God I'm cracking up:rolleyes:

:D:D froth...no your not...i think our dragons are very appropriate for this thread...the little cuties:D:D...who knows maybe if some other members post different ones we can have a proper little family of em:cry:

RAOTFL DEK...:D:D there is no use you pair trying to confuse me...im on the ball today.....:p

OK YOU TWO THATS IT...JUST WAIT TILL NEXT WEEK:headhit::headhit::headhit:

just scanning pics...back soon...if yer lucky:p

I heard today that St George's Day and St Patrick's Day events have both been cancelled this year in Erdington due to financial difficulties, which is a pity as they are very well attended and enjoyed by many people.

Last year both events were poorly advertised as usual.

I have seen no official news about these cancellations or the real reason why it has happened anywhere, only word of mouth from disappointed shopkeepers who say their trade usually increases on these days. I heard the 'Cube in the Square' community centre in the precinct will also be closing shortly.

I await next months 'Pride in Erdington' booklet to be pushed through the door to see if it is mentioned. People going to Erdington for St George's Day need to be told as it usually is a family day and also to avoid wasted journies.

hi kev...well if what you have heard is true i shall say what i usually say on certain topics and it also saves me being banned....no comment...:rolleyes: and thanks for letting us know...

lyn

Last edited:
Have just found a picture of my old dragon

Last edited by a moderator:
:D:D max....well im awake again:rolleyes: was in a lovely sleep and one of me cats wanted to go out...she thought she would jump off the dressing table onto the wardrobe and try and climb through the wall:D:D and in the process knocked a suitcase and a large box containing xmas decorations on the floor...the crash woke me piggin up with such a bang i dived under the covers in fright:cry: right mess all over the place now:rolleyes:not amused at all:redface:

lyn

:D max..that is so funny as apart from the bang on the head thats what my cat does to wake me up in the mornings..:D

lyn

How strange ,the latest block buster film being advertised on the side of some Birmingham buses is >>>>"How To Train Your Dragon" in 3d as well , i thought 3d was the price to go in to watch it, i understand the price has gone up since i last went !!! Max

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back