• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Saint Georges Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday week Maggie, 24th aint it ? I cant make it Love cus im going into the QE on the 21st.

Hey frothy, maybe on your page you should have the date and venue so it stands out, Just a thought. Max

hi all...well like maggie i dont think there is a lack of interest at all....ok...we had about 55 turn out for the last one at the stag but one must remember that it was the time of year when not many folk go on holiday or have prior commitments....so i reckon 30 so far is excellent:thumbsup:... so please froth dont panic or else i will have to get the:headhit::headhit:..out ....:D:D

lyn

The only thing i see on your replies Frothy is the flags and the quote from Churchill ,no date on it !!!!!

Saint Georges Day meet:georgecrossflag:
:georgecrossflag:Stags Head Summer Lane
Saturday 24th April 12.30:georgecrossflag:

Last edited:
hi maggie....ive said this before..not counting the 60s do on our first pub meet up there was only 6 of us and we had a really great time...its not the amount that counts its the company....

lyn:):)

YOU asked for suggestions, obviously i didn't make myself clear to you ,the page you have now shown perhaps would remind people each time you make a posting., perhaps instead of or as well as Churchills quote you include the date and venue, new people coming on to the thread would see St Georges day meet and of course St Georges day is on the Friday ? Just a thought but there you go Max

Sorry Lyn but the point being made is that it IS the quantity, Froth has said that if there isnt enough it should be cancelled!!! Max

That is a good point Max the meet up is actually the day after St Georges Day Saturday 24th April. I am still happy to offer a lift to anyone in Tamworth who would like to go. I won't be drinking as I am driving I just like the social side.

Im sure everyone will have a good day, just sad i wont be there, but im sure there will be other opportunities to meet like minded people interested in our cities history. Max

YOU asked for suggestions, obviously i didn't make myself clear to you ,the page you have now shown perhaps would remind people each time you make a posting., perhaps instead of or as well as Churchills quote you include the date and venue, new people coming on to the thread would see St Georges day meet and of course St Georges day is on the Friday ? Just a thought but there you go Max

But I have had the date, time and venue right though from the start of the thread. I forgot to put it on the lack of interest post, which I've done now.

Last edited:
hi maggie....ive said this before..not counting the 60s do on our first pub meet up there was only 6 of us and we had a really great time...its not the amount that counts its the company....

lyn:):)

I agree Lyn the company is great but we do need the amount as well, to make it worth while for Prof.
I could always cancell the Buffet and then it wouldn't matter about how many there was, just great company:)

Last edited:

Last edited:

There will be a Buffet on at this meet.

Hello everyone
I think there is a definite lack of interest for the Saint George meet. Maybe we are having them to often?

So what I suggest, if I may. Is to run another list of members who definitely want to go. If I don't get at least 50 members going, I really don't think it'll be worth while for prof. I will run this list till Monday evening. I think this is the best thing to do.
Thanks
Chris

Frothy and Cathy
dek carr
Dave M
Templer
Maggieuk
Otherhalf
Evergreen
Blackham
Vicky l and Mom
TerryB18 and Pat
Ironman and Connor
Lisa and Carol
Postie and Hilary
Cookie273uk
Ladylinda
Wendy and Michael
Robert the late
Mike G and Maureen
Ken Bramwell

Well, I might be speaking out of turn here, but if the food was £2 per head, nobody would mind, so that takes the number of people down to 25 instead of 50.:)
These meet ups were intended to allow members to gather together and swap stories and put faces to names etc.;)
I try to attend every meet but sometimes it just aint possible, but every one that Hilary and I have attended so far has been great fun in great company.:)
Regards the buffet, I suggest that no mandatory charge is made but a container should be placed out near the serving station and everyone can put in what they feel is a fair price for the food. ( it may surprise everyone how much will be paid. );)
Don't worry about how many turn up, just get there and enjoy yourselves, it's what it is all about, besides which it is a chance to have a go at the web master and let him know what YOU want.:D

BE THERE OR BE SQUARE.:p

Hi Jim: That's a great idea about the collection box on the Buffet Table. Every bit helps in these times.I know restaurants are offering sometimes below cost prices, not all, of course, for their food. I include pubs in this too. I hope that everyone has a great time
on St. George's Day.

I would be more than happy to donate from my collection a vintage Coronet camera, the factory where it was made being directly opposite The Stag.
If this was raffled the money raised could be split two ways half to the grub fund half to the forum to help running costs.
Let me know if this is acceptable and i will get the camera to The Stag on Monday, unfortunately that is the only day i can get there . Max

I'm a definate dave buffet or not, have now moved into the new oscott villager complex, i'll be looking to drag some else with me but not many here yet , will of course let you know if i can muster some ratings from here !!!!

I'm a definate dave buffet or not, have now moved into the new oscott villager complex, i'll be looking to drag some else with me but not many here yet , will of course let you know if i can muster some ratings from here !!!!

Well done Eric :) I`ll be there one way or another :)

I would be more than happy to donate from my collection a vintage Coronet camera, the factory where it was made being directly opposite The Stag.
If this was raffled the money raised could be split two ways half to the grub fund half to the forum to help running costs.
Let me know if this is acceptable and i will get the camera to The Stag on Monday, unfortunately that is the only day i can get there . Max

Thats very kind of you Max. I think it would a good idea to auction your camera. Mrs Frothy and I will be donating a couple prizes for the Air Ambulance appeal

Not to late to put ya name down
looking forward to seeing everyone there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back