• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. dek carr

Help needed name this Aston pub

The pub is on the corner of I believe Bracebridge St and High St but I cannot name it.
  2. dek carr

Highgate Street

I recognise this Street but cannot pinpoint it any suggestions.Dek
  3. dek carr

The Ragged School Penn St.

Came across this on a thread posted by a new member on the back of an old football photo.this has interested me as I have not heard of it before. has anyone any knowledge of this school? Dek
  4. dek carr

Where is this building

I have drove past this building many hundred of times but never before really looked at it properly you may have done the same but can you remember where it is. Dek
  5. dek carr

Parker Winder & Achurch

This name came into my head I remember the Company in the 60s can anyone refresh my memory.Thank you. Dek:rolleyes::rolleyes:
  6. dek carr

The Dog Pool

Just come down the Pershore Rd from Stirchley noticed a large For Sale sign on the Dog Pool. Is this the death of another well known B,ham pub???Dek
  7. dek carr

Problem" Bimingham Buses" Thread

Any one having trouble with this thread when i click on the last post by ragga it goes to the top of the last page when I scroll down ragga,s post is not there. Dek:rolleyes::rolleyes::)
  8. dek carr

The Bromford

Just came past the Bromford on the way home it,s all boarded up does anyone know whats happening to it. Dek
  9. dek carr

James Cecilia Amy Help with maiden name

My mothers mother died on the 13-10-1927 she had 2 sons and 5 daughters her husbands name was Vincent John James her name was Cecilia Amy James.How would I find her maiden name? I only met my grandfather a few times before he died and he lived at 76 New Street Erdington with his second wife.I...
  10. dek carr

The Mill House Turves Green

Chatting to a friend and have just been informed that the roof is off and a Supermarket is going in it,s place never been in there myself but it looked like a grand old pub. Dek
  11. dek carr

Where was this pub #8

This is a pub i never saw open although i remember it in this form what was its name and where was it.you wont find this on google . Phil your barred . Dek
  12. dek carr

This must have been a pub but what name

Came across this but where is it and what was its name.Dek
  13. dek carr

Albert Hall Aston

i posted on the" Witton Square Thread" Regarding this building what i am trying to find out is what the building was originally built for. I know it was used in the 20s for a dance hall but not sure if it was built for this purpose.1899 was the date of its construction. Dek (Replacement)
  14. dek carr

Aerial Photos

We have a thread on City Centre Photos 2010 i cannot find it can someone point the way please. Thank you Dek:grinsmile::grinsmile:
  15. dek carr

Miiller lamps Aston Brook St

Having a rummage and found these i brought them in the 70s for one of my cars but never used them they have never been out of there boxes till now.dek
  16. dek carr

New Canal street

Today being a beautiful day took me back some 50 years to the sweet smell of New Canal Street. The Skin and Hide building between Fazeley St and Bordesley St who can remember it on a hot sunny day. Dek
  17. dek carr

S. U. Carburettors Wood lane

How many of you can remember taking your car hear for a carb tune up. Dek
  18. dek carr

New HS2 Station in Curzon Street

Just seen the news where will the new track run? Dek:(:shocked:
  19. dek carr

The Custard House Blake Lane

The Custard House Blake Lane The Custard House was this it,s real name we used to have some great Saturday nights in the upstairs room back in the early 60s. Dek:cool::cool:
  20. dek carr

Mobby Dick

Could this be the end of the Moby Dicl In Pitt St drove passed last week it,s all boarded up and a wooden hoarding has been erected around it. Dek:rolleyes::(
Back