• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Where is this building

dek carr

gone but not forgotten
I have drove past this building many hundred of times but never before really looked at it properly you may have done the same but can you remember where it is. Dek

Attachments

• Perry Barr Aston Lane.jpg
    Perry Barr Aston Lane.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 2
I'm sure that you are right Reg. That building stuck in my mind. The last time I was along there two years ago on the bus I noticed this lovely looking Tudor style building and thought it must be a doctor's surgery. There isn't another building around this area like it.

#5. Jennyann I couldn't remember Tewkesbury road but it is the one on the corner of Aston Lane. Reg I didn't know it was a Doctors surgery though. Jean.

Neither did I Jennyanne you are correct although Reg got there first but mentioned Witton Rd and I wasn,t sure we were at the same place.Dek

Definitely the surgery on the corner of Aston Lane and Tewkesbury Road. In the distant past it was the surgery of Dr Laurie, who was my gran's doctor and kept her going through her asthma (in the days before Ventolin inhalers). Dr Laurie was a lovely man, always calm and courteous.

Big Gee

Sorry Jean I do apologise I only read the first part of your post.I posted the photo just for you Witton girls as well. Dek

I'm another Witton girl and my first Dr there was Dr Mehan, he was lovely, he went to Africa as a missionary Dr in the '40's. The next was Dr Holloway and after him in the late 1950's were two Dr's who had met and married at the QE. The lady doc was Dr Mcguiness, but I can't recall her husbands name. She saw me through my second pregnancy when we were back with my parents for a while, They looked after mom until she left Witton in 1982.

Back