• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. Patty

My e.mail wont send

I haven't had to ask on here for a while so I must be getting something right .For the last couple of days my e.mail wont send they are stuck in the OUT BOX.I am on Microsoft Outlook have been for ever, I don't think I have altered anything. Tiscali is my main mail, I also have sky mail too...
  2. Patty

My Partner Tony

I'm sorry it has taken me a while to put this on but I wasn't ready to do it at the time. Sadly my partner of 33yrs Tony passed away 25th November. He was diagnosed with cancer 18 months before and although he had an operation it had spread to the liver and all they could do was give him chemo...
  3. Patty

Cant get my sky mail

Is anyone else having problems with their Sky mail. I use outlook for my mail and the mail from my tiscali address goes to that and my sky mail is seperate. Know for the last couple of days when I try to get into my sky mail this comes on when I have put my password in and pressed enter...
  4. Patty

Anti Virus

I have just done a random health check on my lap top and it has got a green light by all things except it says they cant find an anti virus programe on here, so it has a red light. I have the security essensials on and Malwarebytes on so why didn't the guy that got me the laptop and repairs it...
  5. Patty

Printer

I have a problem with my HP 20508 all in one printer. Yesterday I had been trying to print some recipes and it just wont print, the paper comes out clean except for page number on top and file //C\Users\PD\AppData\Local\then a number and htm at the end. It will print a test page. when I click on...
  6. Patty

Tower Road Aston Outdoor

Can anyone find this for me; a picture of my nans outdoor in Tower rd Aston please?
  7. Patty

Lexmark all in one series 5200 printer

Hi all, just before I get rid off this printer I wondered if anyone had any idea's if this could be solved, the printer is 7yrs old not used that much but the green on off light is flashing on and off and I cant get it to stop, so the printer just wont do anything because it is not connecting...
  8. Patty

Where's my google bookmarks gone and the rest of the bar???????

Suprise Suprise, I havent bothered you all for ages so I may as well give you a good one lol Yesterday my mail was playing up and still is, it wont get my e.mails into my microsoft outlook, but after messing I phoned Talk Talk and they said it was a problem their end and they would sort it, it...
  9. Patty

profile, visitors messages

When I went to write a visitors message to Jean this morning I noticed I had to scroll down for ages till I got to the part I could write on, I had a look at mine ans a few others and it was the same, any idea why or is it just mine?????:headhit:
  10. Patty

few more problems

I have just found out how to use the snipping tool for screen shots all on my own, are you impressed I am, anyway now I can put this on I want to know why the button at the top right which is green now keeps changing to red and I have to click on and it says " tool bar setting cannot be stored...
  11. Patty

my printer wont work with new laptop

I bought a new laptop Toshiba C650D and have a Lexmark 5200 series all in one printer, the printer is 5yrs old. When the man that does my laptop for me went to connect the printer he tried and couldn't get it to work, he said it was not compatable with the laptop,. Before I go out to buy a new...
  12. Patty

virus scanner

I wont go into too much detail incase my laptop has another hissy fit and jumps to another pro gramme or goes to a white screen again. As you can gather I am having a bit of trouble, it has been playing up the last 3 days, taking ages to get on things, getting stuck with the timer stuck for...
  13. Patty

CCleaner

I bet you all thought I have been quiet lately, well Patty's back lol. When I went to run CC yesterday it said there was a newer version to install. I have ignored it for ages but dont ask me why I decided to do it yesterday and all hell has broke loose. First I found it hard to understand...
  14. Patty

Explorer 8

How do I know if I have got explorer 8 on my laptop? I have had a mail from Jackie Lawson, this is a site I use for sending e.cards, It is a payed for site not a free one. It asks if I have explore 8 if not I can download from a link on the page. What do I do I dont like downloading till I...
  15. Patty

trouble with the printer

Morning all, I am having trouble with my printer, it is a Lexmark X5260. I dont use it that much. I have come to print some things out and the part where it has the black writting??? has gone pink, I have some pics to explain. I have three quarter of coloured ink and about just under a third of...
  16. Patty

Disc clean up

I am having trouble with my disc clean up I think. I go on to it and it see's how much space it can save you it said 316,114KB total amount of disc space 22,925K, so I press O K then it says are you sure?? press yes so I press yes, then it says cleaning up drive, then it finishes and goes off...
  17. Patty

Short cuts on desk top

I have been having a bit of a clean up on the old laptop and was wondering this-------------- I have quite a few shortcuts on the desk top such as Adobe, INTERNET explorer, favorites, AVG ect. I have looked and they are in the start menu also. I think I can recall someone saying, when my comp...
  18. Patty

keep loosing connection to internet

Hi all,I wonder if it my computer or Tiscali, the last week or so I have been having problems with my INTERNET , it keeps just disconnecting. I have to right click and repair, or find my link and reconnect, it doesn't always work though. I know Tiscali have been taken over and wondered if the...
  19. Patty

banner across top

just a trivial thing really but the Birmingham banner at the top of my page is too long for my screen I think I just get about the edge of the shield on. I have my setting on 100 if I go to 75 it is to small to read but I get all the banner any suggestions
  20. Patty

hardly ant space left

hardly any space left :explode::explode::explode::explode:Morning all, I have just looked at how much space I have left on my laptop and it says's 1.56 CB , It was about 3 quarters full not so long ago, cant think why it has filled up so quick. I went in to have a look what programs I had on...
Back