• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

My Partner Tony

Patty

master brummie
I'm sorry it has taken me a while to put this on but I wasn't ready to do it at the time.
Sadly my partner of 33yrs Tony passed away 25th November. He was diagnosed with cancer 18 months before and although he had an operation it had spread to the liver and all they could do was give him chemo to give him a bit more time. He had the chemo for 12 months and glad to say it didn't make him ill at all so we made the most of every day and did loads of things. We went on 3 lovely holidays in this country, Beer, Hayle in Cornwall and the last one in September to Torcross. I am glad to say he never suffered much at all and went into the hospice for the last 2 weeks and even then he was pain free and very cheerful. I miss him loads and life will never be the same but I have a lovely family that got me through, Xmas especially. I also have a great friend that lives over the road, we used to go ever where together, every weekend over one or others houses and holidays twice a yr. Sadly her hubby Roger died 2 yrs ago and that was terrible, so now we have each other. Strange how life is planed out isn't it. We have decided to take a holiday and are off to Tenerife soon. As I said I just needed time to get my head in gear before I put it on here hope you understand I am sure you do xxxx

Patty I am so pleased you have found the strength to post this for your friends on here. We all understand grief affects different people in different ways. I am pleased to see you are trying to get on with your life. This is what Tony would have wanted. Huge huggs Wendy.xxxx

Oh Patty it must have been terribly difficult for you. You sound strong, and with the the support of friends and family, in time, it will get a little easier. You have many wonderful memories to cherish, remember those and it will help you get through. My sincere condolences. From Viv. x.

Its always very hard to find the words to give someone the comfort they need in times like this, and like so many others I cannot really find the words to help, I can only say, that I am sorry to hear of your loss and hope that you can move on without Tony, you have the love of your family and friends to help you do so, you have a listening post on hear if you need to exhaust any anger every now and then, like the others have said remember all the good times you had together and maybe in time your pain will ease........John xx

An awful time for you Patty, but I'm glad to hear you're getting your life back on track.
Time and friends, the recipe for healing.
Charlie x

Patty, My sincere condolences, there is nothing worse than losing a beloved partner, I lost my Wife Doreen 15 years ago this Easter after 46 years so can understand how you are feeling , time does help. Its good you have a friend in similar circumstances, support for each other. Eric

Patty, very sorry to hear that your partner has passed away and this time must be difficult for you, but you have your memories to look back on to bring you some comfort. It is very good that you have your friend and that you can comfort each other.
All best wishes from Anthea.

Patty,

What a good example you show. When you knew of Tony's terminal illness you decided to make the most of whatever time he had left. Now he has passed on you show that life must go on. Have a wonderful holiday with your friend in Tenerife.

Regards - Old Boy

So very sorry for your sad loss Patty.Family around makes all the difference,so comforting.
Enjoy your holiday,well deserved I'm sure.

kind regards,
Ray.

Patty . I was sorry to hear of your loss , your Tony sounds like a partner who has left you with many treasured memories.

Beer is one of my favourite places and we always aim to go there twice a year, this year I will keep you in my thoughts.

I hope you and your friend have a good holiday in Tenerife, regards. Alberta.

Patty please accept sincere condolences. You will always have memories which no-one can take away from you. God Bless. Carol

Patty. I'm so sorry to hear of your very sad loss. My sincere condolences to you, and the rest of your family. It takes a lot of guts to share something like this on a web-site, but I'm sure you know that everyone here shares your loss. You also know that your "history" friends are here for you. God bless you Patty.

Patty, I'm so sorry to hear your news. My sincere condolences to you and your family on your very sad loss, and I know that there are no words that can comfort you at this time. Just remember the wonderful times that you shared together.

Judy x

Thanks all for those kind words, I must say I have shed a tear but I think it has done me good to do that today, xxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Patty: Thanks for your post about Tony and yourself and in the posting of your words you feel that this has made
you feel a little better. Take care.

Patty, sorry to hear of your loss, but pleased that you have many happy memories right to the end and special places to visit.
Its good that you feel ready to go off on holiday with your friend, the start of a new phase of life for both of you, and I'm sure that is what Tony would have wanted for you too.
Hope you enjoy Tenerife,
Sue

I am sorry Patty, you are so brave and what lovely memories you have of your last year with Tony. Have a good holiday with your friend, God bless X

I was very sorry to hear of your sad loss Patti, please accept the belated condolances from me and my family, I do understand the trama, my dear wife was diaognosed with terminal cancer in 2011 and is now very poorly.
regards ,paul.

Patty I am glad you are now able to talk about your sad loss with folk on the forum. Pete and myself hope you have a relaxing holiday with your friend as we know you deserve it after all that you have been through. Will have a chat on the phone again shortly. Paul my thoughts are with you and your wife too. Jean.

Last edited:
dear patty quite a few of us know just what you have been through and understand how hard it has been for you all...i myself lost my steve to terminal cancer in 2010 and its not easy to either deal with or come to terms with...i am so pleased that you obviously have a good strong family behind you and a good friends to lean on and although i also had good family i did lean heavily on this forum something for which i will be eternally grateful for..enjoy your holiday patty and stay strong..paul i am also thinking of you right now..

lyn xx

Last edited:
So sorry to hear of your loss, sincere condolences and may you find comfort in your wonderful memories.
It's great you and your friend can enjoy a holiday together. I'm sure Tony would be happy to see you have such a lovely friend to support you xx

Hello Patty. I'm sorry to hear your sad news. Thank you for taking time to write in such an eloquent way. You are brave and positive even if you don't always feel it. I really hope you enjoy the holiday and wish you well for the future.

Back