• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

few more problems

Patty

master brummie
View attachment 57164I have just found out how to use the snipping tool for screen shots all on my own, are you impressed I am, anyway now I can put this on I want to know why the button at the top right which is green now keeps changing to red and I have to click on and it says " tool bar setting cannot be stored online because your browser is offline, please check your network settings and try again" I click on the green button and I click on refresh and it turns green again. Surley I dont have to keep doing that, then at the bottom of the page it says "Internet/Protected Mode: Off does that mean the protection is off as all my security seems to be on or am I reading it wrong?????
Keep your fingers crossed I have done this SC shot correctly.

How clever am I lol

What does the bit down in the right hand corner say? The one you are looking at is part of the Google Tool Bar not Windows 7

Oh one thing to be aware of Pat is that even Windows 7 cannot help you find Birdies in Jeans photos;)

Oh one thing to be aware of Pat is that even Windows 7 cannot help you find Birdies in Jeans photos;)

Or in the hedge Bernie:D

The computer is a plaything for Patty asks the question and walks out more important things to do:redface:

Last edited:
first one has a red button with exclamation mark in and says refresh toolbar setting, ( which is what I have to keep doing)
second green round button ( which is how it goes after I have clicked refresh one above ) says restrict toolbar settings to this computer
third manage web history
fourth sign out from patdalton........

I phoned the guy up who got me this and he said it was nothing to worry about and ignore it but I dont think that's right

Alf I didn't go out straight away I thought Postie said we had to be nice to people lol

Last edited:
I think Patty is talking about the Status Bar on Internet Explorer at the bottom of the page.You don't get it on Firefox. I must admit I am unsure myself what the "Protected Mode "is.

Come on Patty you can do it. I sent you a link today and I think I copied and pasted it well that was a first. Bernie and Alf did you try finding my dragon fly on the garden thread?. Jean.

If it's this: View attachment 57183to be honest, Patty, I haven't got a clue unless it's summat to do with webpage security. Can you see what the rest of that "Patdal..." is by hovering your mouse over it?

Patti, if you double click the protected mode:eek:ff thats at the bottom you will get a screen that pops up like the pic attached. Mine says the same as yours and I suspect most of the users thats using internet explorer will have as well, so I would'nt worry about it.

Terry

somebody has just told me it is for when you want to put a protected mode on for perhaps children going on differant sites sound right to me

If that is the case you had better leave it set to fully protected as you are such an innocent wee thing.

I think Patty is talking about the Status Bar on Internet Explorer at the bottom of the page.You don't get it on Firefox. I must admit I am unsure myself what the "Protected Mode "is.
Nope Patty is talking about the green dot at the right hand end of the Google Toolbar as she showed in her clip. Never seen mine any colour but Green but as it is Google it is nothing to fret about.

'Protected Mode' is something that MS added to Vista and now Windows 7 - see here

I've got enough trouble trying to sort this windows 7out I couldn't cope with something else new Mike maybe later

Tip.....forget IE and use Google Chrome;););)
Patty's issue is with the Google Tool Bar is that not the same when using Google Chrome? If not then I am in full agreement. Patty will soon be asked to choose a browser soon anyway.

first one has a red button with exclamation mark in and says refresh toolbar setting, ( which is what I have to keep doing)
second green round button ( which is how it goes after I have clicked refresh one above ) says restrict toolbar settings to this computer
third manage web history
fourth sign out from patdalton........

I phoned the guy up who got me this and he said it was nothing to worry about and ignore it but I dont think that's right

Alf I didn't go out straight away I thought Postie said we had to be nice to people lol

Yes I'm never nasty to anybody Patty

Back