• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Anti Virus

Patty

master brummie
I have just done a random health check on my lap top and it has got a green light by all things except it says they cant find an anti virus programe on here, so it has a red light. I have the security essensials on and Malwarebytes on so why didn't the guy that got me the laptop and repairs it put one on and do I need one or perhaps I have one somewhere??????? who knows
Just phoned the guy up and he said there is one on there but it must not be recognising it so all is well I hope

Last edited:
'Security Essentials' is the Microsoft security suite and does quite well in comparison tests. Just check it is turned on.

It's on in fact it is scanning now, it comes on automatic every week and if I think I need to I do a quick scan during the week too

Back