• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. L

Meatyard Sidney Harold 1868 - 1947

Apologies for not returning to this thread sooner. Thank you both for your replies. I had already managed to gather some of the information which you both have kindly found for me but the additional info is very welcome. I was looking to find someone who knew him or Kate in the hope of some...
  2. L

Meatyard Sidney Harold 1868 - 1947

I am researching the Meatyard/Meteyard family. Sidney's second wife was my husband's first cousin twice removed Kate Muriel Mason Eadie. I know that it's a long shot but I'm wondering if anyone on here actually knew him. There isn't much information about him; indeed he may have intentionally...
  3. L

Cateswell Cottage(s) Green Lane & Cateswell Road, Hall Green

Fantastic. Thank you so much Mikejee. J
  4. L

Cateswell Cottage(s) Green Lane & Cateswell Road, Hall Green

Good Evening All. A friend and I are trying to find out more about Harry Longfield who on his marriage cert to my friend's Great Aunt Mary Kathleen Powell in Aston in 1916 was shown as living at Cateswell Cottage in Green Lane Hall Green. We have no idea if this was a family home or if he was a...
  5. L

William Edward Pittaway

I realise this is an old thread but on the off-chance anyone sees it. My husband is the Grand Nephew of Florence Eadie b 1882 Barnsley.Jill
  6. L

LADD / Ward Marriage cert

Re: Marriage cert I have been advised by a 'moderator'? that my previous post was interogatory and might put a new person off from returning to this forum. Nothing was further from my thoughts. I'm sorry that I came over as unpleasant. I aplogise as I have already done privately. I was only...
  7. L

Re: Marriage cert So we definately need more info from you to be able to help. If he died just before your father was born, how did the widow manage herself financially? Did she sign any documents or make any claims on the state that might give you any further clues? Have you checked newspaper...
  8. L

Re: Marriage cert Sorry. I've looked on FreeBMD under marriages of Ward to Ladd and Ladd to Ward and can't find the marriage you are looking for. Are you certain that she married in England or Wales? I'm sure that others will take a look to check. Have you got a copy of your father's birth...
  9. L

Decimalisation In 1971

Ouch. And I can still remember how to convert. Golly I'm sad. xJill
  10. L

Nan's Health Warning...1947...

'If you swallow bubble gum you die'. Because I always lived in fear of my father who was an abusive bully I never dared put a put wrong. I couldn't have been more than about four or five and perhaps even younger when I swallowed bubble gum one day. I didn't dare tell anyone for fear of what...
  11. L

Thank you’s for help

Amen to everything you say Alberta. When I first came onto here I asked for help with census entries and was thrilled with the answers I got. I was saving for membership of GR then after a while I took up an offer from them for their platinum membership about £15 off. I love looking up info...
  12. L

Thank you’s for help

Len, when I first joined the forum I posted a reply about an Amy Wassall from her grandson I think. I answered quite a lot of his queries. I had been searching for this lady for a lot of years until I sorted out who she really was and something of her family because she links into my line. I...
  13. L

Thank you’s for help

I always make sure that I say thanks on any thread where I have been helped. Too much grabby grabby in the world today. Life is getting more and more expensive but manners and civility are still free. Jill
  14. L

bradnock death look up for please

Re: death look up for bradnock please Ah Ha LadyLinda. Well done. Think you might have cracked it. Jill
  15. L

bradnock death look up for please

Re: death look up for bradnock please I can't find her either. I thought of trying inputting Jane and no surname into Free BMD for Warwickshire but even doing a year and a half at a time it isn't loading. Maybe try for mis-spellings? I looked for Braddock with no luck. We'll find her. Jill
  16. L

downes rose look up please

Re: rose downes look up please How stupid am I. I never thought to look under Downs. What I did find though and was just coming back to post is this Albert Henry Downes married Kate Bradnock Aston 6d 696 Dec 1/4 1900 So I backed up to 1891 and found this 1 Aukland Road, Deritend...
  17. L

Re: rose downes look up please It's no bother Lyn, just shout for what you need me to look for. I am a bit puzzled that I can't find them at all but it's probably my rubbish looking up skills. I'm going to keep looking for a while longer. Jill
  18. L

Re: rose downes look up please I've tried to find them in the 1911 census and had no luck. It's probably me as I'm having one of those weekends and I'm too tired to be looking at Genes. I'll keep looking but if you have any other names I'll try those too. To be doing some family history is a...
  19. L

Missing from 1901 census ?

I don't think it is unusual for families to 'disappear' as far as census is concerned. And I really have no idea why but this seems to happen with mine more in the 1901 census than anywhere else. All you can do is input each individual and see if you can find the rest of the family that way or...
  20. L

Death Certificates

Not a problem Shortie. I'll do it in the next couple of days as I'm on a deadline for clearing out the deceased parents' house asap. Hubby a Woody but I don't think they stretched as far as Cradley. At the moment all I have for his lot are a few branches and not much by way of twigs and leaves...
Back