• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Death Certificates

Shortie

master brummie
Does anyone know when exactly the longer death certificate came into use? My grandmother died in 1975 and hers is a long one, but I need to know if they were in place in 1970. Looking for a friend and at the moment it feels like I am looking for a needle in a haystack, but if the death certificate in 1970 was long, my search will be a whole lot easier!

shortie

My dad died in 1965 and the certificate is a long one

Shortie

Why don't you send me the details and I'll see if I can find if someone on GenesReunited is interested in that person.

Jill

Oh thanks Jill, I never thought of that. Annie Marie (or Maria) Wood, born 1904, may be Cradley. Len found her somewhere, possibly on the 1911 in an insistitution, but I have no more details than that. She died in 1970.

If you could find something out I would be most grateful, I don't use GR any more, I have had too many people just pinch my tree and buzz off, so I have left well alone.

Cheers

Shortie

Not a problem Shortie. I'll do it in the next couple of days as I'm on a deadline for clearing out the deceased parents' house asap. Hubby a Woody but I don't think they stretched as far as Cradley. At the moment all I have for his lot are a few branches and not much by way of twigs and leaves.

I think that you have to be careful sharing trees on GR. When I contact someone I don't let them have access to my tree just because we have a hot match. I have to go by gut instinct when I'm corresponding with someone. I send them some of the info I have and they can see if there's a connection.

Years ago before computers and when you spent long hours looking through records on uncomfortable chairs in records offices I shared all the information I had on one branch of the family after I got a letter from someone. I suppose I was naive and judged others by how I would behave. I asked some questions and asked for help in a couple of areas. I never heard a thing so I wrote again reminding that I had sent him a pile of stuff. No answer. About a decade later I got a letter from him reminding me that we had once corresponded and did I have anymore info that I could share now. That letter saw the compost straightaway.

Regards

Jill

Hi Jill, Thank you, I wold appreciate this. I am, not in anyhurry, my friend Sue knows I am following this up, but her brother in law Len, does not. he will be surprised, I am sure of that.

I did not share a tree on GR because of hot matches, in fact I stopped all those because they were a waste of time and frankly, got on my pip.

The one lady I am speaking about (there are more than one) IS related to me, albeit very distantly, and I thought she just wanted the information I have that is relevant to her side of the family (she is descended from an aunt of my gt grandmother). I was horrified when I found she had taken the whole of my tree, including people that have no connection with her whatsoever. I am sure this had more to do with numbers than anything else. Surely the amount of people you have in your tree is not relevant, it is the amount of research you have done that is the important factor? I started eleven years ago and have done as much in record offices, if not more, than on the internet, as I feel internet it not terifically reliable. I have also had people promising information and photos and not returning the favour. I find that quite disgusting, personally.

Best wishes

Shortie

Back