• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Where is this 2007- 2008 queries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jude

Its actually a sewer bellmouth where several sewers join just before the outlet in this case the River Tame. There was quite a little fuss over this sewer when it was first built. Lord Norton objected as it was built to discharge raw sewage directly into the Tame.

There is a very good timeline to this story by Peter Walker on one of the main pages on this website. Nobody say that I don’t give clues.

pmc1947

Blimey, I aint doing to bad eh 2 and a half outta 3 ha ha ha, not bad at all even though I say so myself!! lol:D

Sorry PMC1947, thats why I only gave myself 2&1/2 ha ha ha.
Would it be at Minworth sewerage plant?

Jude,

Yes its Saltley, you can now make it 3 out of 3 . The sewerage works at Minworth ultimately replaced this sewer. I think it main use these days is storm water. It was never really used as it was intended when it was built in 1859. because of it being discharged directly into the Tame at Saltley. After much experimentation with different treatment systems the treatment of sewage was moved to Minworth.

pmc1947

Alf,

Is this supposed to be some sort of a Rebus puzzle, if so I don't think anybody is going to get it without a further clue.

pmc1947

Who can identify both these places, there is a link of sorts.

pmc1947

Last edited:
I wont give an answer until both locations are identified. Think of a link

pmc1947

Well thankie Kindly :D My head will be so swollen soon I wont be able to get through the doors!!!
Its amazing what you learn on here aint it?
Bring on the next one hahahaha

I think its just useless info stored in the back of my mind to be honest!
But with the Swan picture & gas works I lived in Kitts Green for many years and my Aunt lived in Acocks Green so I passed the Swan frequently.
when the Saltley gas works was wrong I typed in Old Gas Works in or around Birmingham, after several attempts I came up with the Swan Village Gas works page!
Its amazing what Google can come up with!:D

Today’s history lesson on Birmingham. Where is this, once you have worked that out, what is the building on the right.

Pmc1947

Last edited:
As I'm always in bed at the time you post your pic' and they seem to be answered before I have a chamce to catch up :D :D :) :)

Here's one of mine 8)

Where am I ??? and who's me friend ???
View attachment 9876

Last edited:
Pomgolian

I am going to say Peter O Toole, because its the image of him, and because he was born in Connemara, Galway I am going to say its located there.

pmc1947

Pomgolian

After talking to some Irish friends, I would like to revise my answer and say. Oscar Wilde, Merrion Square, Dublin.

pmc1947

Mrs T,

I can only say yes or no to both parts of the question, because one gives a clue to the other.

pmc1947

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back