• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Where is this 2007- 2008 queries

Status
Not open for further replies.
mike-g you got the area, but not the location? (pics been posted on the forum before by others).
Donot like the X Factor Alf, Strictly Come Dancing more to my taste!
ASTON

Aston,

What amazes me is I probably played in and around this well often as a child. We went to Sutton park most Sundays throughout the summer. I remember we used to have to pay at the gate. Its amazing how much one can forget, and I still say it looks more like a sump.

Here’s another one, I will give a clue. “Only a privileged few would have seen this view”.

Last edited:
No Alf you are six or seven miles out.

Colin B as I have connections with the south side of the city it could be so.

pmc1947

Here’s another one, I will give a clue. “Only a privileged few would have seen this view”.

Is it the private park in Moseley Village?

Izabellanne,

Correct, it is Chantry Park Moseley which used to be part of Moseley Hall Grounds owned by the Grevis family until 1896 when Sailsbury Rd was built bisecting the Halls grounds. Since then it has been a private key access only park for the residents of Moseley, only. I have heard that any family from any part of Birmingham can now apply for a key for £30 or £40 a year.

pmc1947

pmc I was right ,the park was originally part of the Moseley Hall estate (now Moseley Hall Hospital) until Salisbury Road was built.The hospital had a key so it was easy to go over to the park during lunch time (and other times if you could get away with it).We also helped out on a couple of work parties helping to clean the park up.You should have seen the size of the carp in the pool.

Colin

Colin B

I only ever got to see the inside of the park once when I was a youngster. A family friend took me, the park was immaculate all trimmed and cultivated.

I think it is a bit different today, its more of a nature reserve. I suppose that costs less money to upkeep.

pmc1947

My husband lived in Moseley Village.We did a lot of our courting in the private park. His Mom had a friend with a key.....:D :D

As no one else seems to want to put up another poser, Where is this building located?

Last edited:
Its not Small Heath, and Aston I suppose it is slightly south Birmingham, but not that much you would notice. It might be hard to believe but there is life outside the boundries the district of Aston.

pmc1947

As no one else seems to want to put up another poser, Where is this building located?

I don't do so bad and I don't live in Birmingham, But I will put something up as a lot of Brummies visit Norfolk & Suffolk for Hols.:)

Moma P

Its not a church or anything to do with a church.

Anybody want a clue.

pmc1947

Moma P,

Its not Albert Rd School, here is a visual clue ( the whole of the photo) if you can't get it from that I will give a verbal one.

pmc1947

Last edited:
It is Deritend Free Library in Heath Mill Lane. Opened on the same day as Birmingham Central Reference Library 26th October 1866. I believe it is now part of the Custard Factory Complex.

Pmc1947

If you want another let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back