• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Where is this 2007- 2008 queries

Status
Not open for further replies.
A nice easy one for you lot from North Birmingham

pmc1947

Last edited:
Jude,

Near enough, its High Street Erdington in 1958 shortly before demolition.

pmc1947

time for somebody esle to have a go.

Wow, I'm chuffed. I thought it was the first row of shops just off the island at 6ways on Gravelly Hill north Opp The Queens Head.:D

It is Deritend Free Library in Heath Mill Lane. Opened on the same day as Birmingham Central Reference Library 26th October 1866. I believe it is now part of the Custard Factory Complex.

Pmc1947

If you want another let me know.

I worked in Heath Mill Lane for Four years never even noticed it, then I was 25 and had other things on my mind when I left work each day:D

Its there Alf just on the other side of the road to the Old Crown.

pmc1947

Have a go at this one, can you tell me which road & the building as far as the eye can see right handside?
ASTON

Aston,

I'll have a quick wild first guess, Lichfield Rd and the building in the distance is Ansells Brewery.

pmc1947

Aston

Believe me it was a pure guess, I did not recognise the scene at all. It must have been hidden retained memory from my teenage wanderings round the streets of Nechells and Aston.

pmc1947

lets have another.

colwyn.jpg

Alf,

They are both slightly outside Birmingham, but The first one is Great Yarmouth been there several times, The second is Colwyn Bay, a really lovely spot.

pmc1947

They are great photos, I love the one of the Bay. Even though I don't know most of the places they are from being from Handsworth, it is most interesting. Keep them coming. :) Mo

Where Is It

Clent Hill,s
Or Down The Road At Watson Pool
Between Hadley And Bromsgrove
Best Wishes Astonian ;;;

Try This Oldie, Can You Tell Where This Much Changed Shopping & Trafic Junction Is?
Clue: North Of The City.

Sorry brummie nick, but marlew asked if it was the Custard Factory. As it is now part of that complex I considered it near enough. Try again next time or have a go at this one aston has put up. Its pretty hard.

pmc1947

Alf,

They are both slightly outside Birmingham, but The first one is Great Yarmouth been there several times, The second is Colwyn Bay, a really lovely spot.

pmc1947

Told you last night that I don't live in Brum and I only have Brum on Video.

You are right anyway Pcm both right well done Great Yarmouth is a second home to some Brummies:)

Hey jude, spot on, this is the full picture as you can see it would have given the game a way sooner, the pub on the right is the BEGGARS BUSH at a time well before TESCO's & HOMEBASE.TAKEN FROM THE CHESTER ROAD LOOKING TOWARDS BANNERS GATE, KINGS ROAD IS OFF TO THE LEFT, JOCKEY ROAD TO THE RIGHT.Note:no traffic island or traffic lights needed in them days.Well done.ASTON

Well done aston for catching most of us out, and well done jude for being that little bit smarter than the rest of us.

Anybody got any idea where this is, not the best of views

pmc1947

Last edited:
Lichfield Road

Have a go at this one, can you tell me which road & the building as far as the eye can see right handside?
ASTON

ASTON
I am quite interested in the lorry in the centre of this photo...on the original can you read any of the writing on the cab?
Georgie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back