• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The old crown meet up

well i reckon that frothy had a prior engagement as he wanted to avoid this.....this is me

lyn:)

Last edited:
thought these pics may give you all a laff.....maggie and david fowler

lyn

Last edited:
last one of the stocks folks...me and maggie were saying how we would have loved to get frothy in them....:D:D:D

dereklcg

Last edited:
a few more pics...left to right 1st pic peter walker...me..and wendy...left to right 2nd pic derklcg..david fowler and mallyb2

Last edited:
pics 3 dnd 4

1st pic...shera..and tom maggies otherhalf....

Last edited:
sorry folks i think i may have lost some of me group pics...will try and sort it.....

meanwhile...can i ask you all...is this anyway to greet a friend.....:D:D:D

this is anthony hickey the owner of the crown...he didnt fancy he pic taken but we insisted....

i too would like to thank him for giving us permission to roam around freely...

:)

thanks tom..i think everyone really enjoyed themselves..:)will put a few more on later or tomorrow....

lyn:):):)

Are the members to guess who & what were on the photos Lyn:)

I know, but we have a few new members.

Otherwise a Handsome lot the lads :D

Thanks for posting Lyn...looks like a great place. I'll have to put it on my "visit" list when I come over to Brum later on this year. I'll have a look at the "people" photos later on.

Smashing photo's Lynn. It's a shame we didn't think to take a group one.....we were all chatting too much.:headhit::D:D I forgot to say earlier it was nice to meet some more members I had not met before. Robert, Shera, and Mallyb2 who like Peter Walker travelled some distance to be at the get together:grinsmile:.

We all appreciated the fact that Anthony took time out to show us around The Old Crown. It was fascinating. We picked up some leaflets and here's a copy of part of one. I can thoroughly recommend visiting to check up on an important bit of Brum's history.
www.theoldcrown.com

Norma itwas a film starring Rex harrison it was also an opera by Stravinsky:) and any way it aint a rake its a beater and make up yer own mind about that item or what it used to beat :D

David I think you would make a great Dandy!:D

Norma thank you for your kind words.....they help more than any medicine.
It was lovely to go out and about again!:)

Did,nt we have a nice time old and new friends,
good conversation,and a nice tour thanks the the manager.
i,ve not been in the crown before it,s one of them places,
on your list,i,d go back again nice to be away from the hustle
and bustle of the town center, and easy to park,don,t hurt to have
a shandy and a glass of pop once in a while,i could,nt believe
the distance some members traveled to be there,commendable.
I only traveled from Redditch,small potatoes,i enjoyed the afternoon
well worth the trip,thanks Lyn and all grt pic,s..
regards Derek.
(( Lyn,Wendy,old crocks,chairs,nice bed))

Back