• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The old crown meet up

next appointment would have been end of may so best get it out the way.....:)

Does anyone know if we can park near to the Old Crown because the CLAMPERS are always active in the Digbeth and Deritend area.

JUST A REMINDER THAT THE OLD CROWN MEET UP ON THE 25TH OF APRIL HAS BEEN CANCELLED THE NEW DATE WILL NOW BE ON SATURDAY THE 9TH OF MAY AT 12.30....

stitch..i will try and find out about the parking for you....we dont want you getting clamped.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

lyn:)

Last edited:
Frothy,

You are quite right, you do have to take care parking in that area. More clampers than parkers!
When I've been to the Custard Factory, I've parked in a car park close by. I think it is signposted.

Ann

nice one robert...:)

stitch..theres a car park in heathmill lane....side road from the pub....

HI ALL....:wave: JUST A QUICK REMINDER OF OUR MEET UP AT THE OLD CROWN ON SAT THE 9TH OF MAY...:):):)

HOPE TO SEE A FEW OF YOU THERE...

LYN

We were going to make the effort this time but have a darts night do at the New Inns and it's paid for with FREE BEER. Mind you could send Pete there and I could come to the Crown. Jean.

We were going to make the effort this time but have a darts night do at the New Inns and it's paid for with FREE BEER. Mind you could send Pete there and I could come to the Crown. Jean.

So it looks like a re-arranged meet, It's The New Inns then.:D

Jean

Old Crown 1 V New Inns I extra time being played

Final Score 1 New Inns 4, scorers Food (1) Free Beer (3)

The Ref Pete had a excellent game as usual:D

morning david and alf...im quite looking forward to the crown meet up...must be 25 years since i was last in there...

Thats how long they banned me for....:d:d:d

lyn

I use to pass everyday after I started at Eskimo Frozen Foods Heath Mill Lane 1960 as a Representative, did so for about 4 years.:)

David Alf Pete pays so much per week into a kitty for both of us a £l.00 lottery and at the end of it we have a three course meal and free beer for the first hour also the kitty is divided amongst the team and you can guess what that goes on after the hour. I've ordered turkey for a change soup starter and don't know how to spell this poifritter rolls with cream. Then the boooooring presentation but by then who cares. Jean.

Sobs - I was hoping to get to attend the next 'get together' but we have to be in Glasgow for a First Communion - not mine I hasten to add:D

Anyone want a 'Scotch Pie' brought back? Warning - a badly produced Scotch Pie has been known to turn carnivores vegetarian;)

Last edited by a moderator:
never mind bernie..there will be other meet ups....
not sure about the scotch pie but i used to be rather partial to haggis when i lived in the north of scotland for a couple of years.....:):)

be careful catching them though...they are slippery little blighters...:D:D:D

lyn

Our local butcher gets some good ones Lyn already de-legged which makes things easier.

What time will you be there,? so that i can send the AA round. But, not for a drink LOL...Cat

lol cat...12.30 ish....please dont send rog round there...he will drink the place dry....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

lol alf...i wondered how long it would take for someone to ask that question......

roger is a stray cat i took in some months ago but every now and then i have to ship him over to cats place like i can have a break as hes rather a handful at times....:D:D:D

bet you wished you hadnt asked now....

hey cat..i bet alf is sitting down now having a strong cuppa trying to work out if you and i are quite sane or not....:D:D:D

dont worry alf...theres more out than in....:):):)

Back