• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

ROBERT JONES Lyndon Road

However, there does seem to be a possible mention of Arfon and Idwal attending the funeral of an Edward Thomas Jones, described as nephews. I think this may be the Edward H Jones listed as attending their father's funeral listed as a cousin.
Merthyr Express Saturday 1 Dec 1934
1681914970061.png

It’s so frustrating there not sending marriage certificate out till 3rd May for Owen and Sarah you have to have original for some reason the rest I normally down load.

That's surprising. I order a couple of certificates (physical copies) not long ago and it took less than a week for them to arrive though that was for a birth and a death.

Did you give them all the details, including volume & page?

That's surprising. I order a couple of certificates (physical copies) not long ago and it took less than a week for them to arrive though that was for a birth and a death.

Yeah gave them everything. it does say due to current high demand there could be delays.

Marriage certs always seem to take longer.
I ordered a birth cert (paper copy) 5th April and it arrived at the house on 14th.
There is always a bit of a rush when sites have given "free" access over bank holiday times.

• Appreciate
Reactions: MWS
I can’t wait I’m getting bored trying to figure their parents out.The other side of the family not easy either. Bennett and mason

You need to be patient to trace a tree accurately. If you rush you can make errors by jumping to the wrong conclusions.

• Appreciate
Reactions: MWS
Robert William Jones was born in 1922 at Pwllheli, North Wales. His Mother's maiden name was Williams.

Robert married Blanche May Bennett in 1946, in Solihull. She was born in Aston on 25 June 1921. Her mother's maiden name was Sarah E Mason. Sarah was born 21 Feb. 1884 (she was widowed by 1939)

At the time of her marriage Blanche May Bennett was living at 87 Monica Rd, Birmingham 10, with her mother and two sisters. Blanche was employed as clerk in a Publisher's office.

Robert died at 1 back of 159 Darwin St. Birmingham 12, on 18 May 1954.

Do these facts sound familiar to you?

That doesn't appear to be the correct Robert. Unless you have reason to believe otherwise the Robert that married Blanche was born Bham (Kings Norton) in 1921.

Everything else seems correct.

Last edited:
Robert William Jones was born in 1922 at Pwllheli, North Wales. His Mother's maiden name was Williams.

Robert married Blanche May Bennett in 1946, in Solihull. She was born in Aston on 25 June 1921. Her mother's maiden name was Sarah E Mason. Sarah was born 21 Feb. 1884 (she was widowed by 1939)

At the time of her marriage Blanche May Bennett was living at 87 Monica Rd, Birmingham 10, with her mother and two sisters. Blanche was employed as clerk in a Publisher's office.

Wrong Robert as MWS said Robert was born in Birmingham everything else is correct

I can’t wait I’m getting bored trying to figure their parents out.The other side of the family not easy either. Bennett and mason

With regards your Bennetts, another tricky name, but they appear to be from Bham as far as I can go back. Unfortunately, that's possibly only until Blanche's 2 x g grandparents before a dead end.

Blanche - James - James - James - William

With regards your Bennetts, another tricky name, but they appear to be from Bham as far as I can go back. Unfortunately, that's possibly only until Blanche's 2 x g grandparents before a dead end.

Blanche - James - James - James - William
Blanche dad James Bennett b1882 d1938 married Sarah Elizabeth mason
James dad James Bennett b1855 d1888 married Emily Etta Andrews
James b1825 d1902 married Elizabeth Wallans ?
William b1801 d1877 married Mary Howell ?
This is what I have

Blanche dad James Bennett b1882 d1938 married Sarah Elizabeth mason
James dad James Bennett b1855 d1888 married Emily Etta Andrews
James b1825 d1902 married Elizabeth Wallans ?
William b1801 d1877 married Mary Howell ?
This is what I have
Masons are from Cheltenham Gloucestershire That’s where Blanche mom was born

Yes, Sarah was born Cheltenham, her father was from Fairford, Gloucs.

Agree with the Bennetts except the wife of William which I'm not sure of, there are 2 other marriages around the same time for a William Bennett to a Mary.

Yes, Sarah was born Cheltenham, her father was from Fairford, Gloucs.

Agree with the Bennetts except the wife of William which I'm not sure of, there are 2 other marriages around the same time for a William Bennett to a Mary.
Yeah her father was Thomas Scotford mason married Jane Solomon i think

Possibly not a Solomon though. Her 'father' Thomas Solomon appears to have died 3 years before she was born.

I think she is definitely a Sarah Jane another one that use Jane or Sarah on the census but can’t find her maiden name

Sorry I wasn't clear. She was registered as Sarah Jane Solomon and her own children were registered with mmn Solomon.

However, it appears that her mother had children after her husband had died but still registered them as Solomon (not uncommon).

Help please… I’m doing my partners tree and there is some discrepancy on how many sibling his great grandfather had please can you see how many you find his great grandfather

Frederick Davis b 2nd Aug 1899 in Southampton Hampshire d July 1988 Southampton Hampshire married Alice Blanche ivy Cluett in 1924.
Father George William Davis b Abt 1870 Southampton Hampshire
Mother Ellen Alice Pickford b1872 d1914 Southampton Hampshire
Hope this is enough info. Thank you

Back