• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

ROBERT JONES Lyndon Road

No, it was Jones, he was Edward Thomas Jones.

I speculated that the relationship may have been between Edward Thomas Jones and Margaret Jones (William, Arfon & Idwal's nan) because they appear to come from the same place but what and how close it was I'm not sure.

As mention previously the use of aunt and cousin appear to have a looser meaning and so when the newspaper article mentions uncle or aunt it may not mean that they were what we would consider one (parents' sibling).

It is possible that they use uncle/aunt to mean any relative of your parents generation. So they would say your dad's cousin, 2nd cousin etc is your aunt/uncle and their children would just be your cousin, even if they were a second, third or fourth cousin.

Edward Thomas Jones may have been the same generation as Saran Ann Williams (Margaret's daughter), no closer than second cousin at best and Gladys, Blodwen & Ken third cousins of William, Arfon & Idwal.

William, Arfon, Idwal - Sarah Williams - Margaret Jones - William Jones - common relative?

Gladys, Blodwen, Ken - Edward Jones (Maria) - Ann Jones - Thomas Jones - common relative?

That would be my best guess but that's all it is atm.

Back