• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

ROBERT JONES Lyndon Road

Even with the dob given for Owen, nothing is certain regarding his birth or parents. There is no Owen David registered but a middle name being omitted is not uncommon.

I think I have possible for Sarah (someone I'd found previously) but if it's her then there doesn't appear to be a registration for her (unless incorrect) and her birth year would possibly be 1870 not 1871 which is not that much of a concern.
The place she died is on the family register but I don’t know what it says will that help. They never used there real names back then, his someone can have one name at birth and another at death is crazy

Even with the dob given for Owen, nothing is certain regarding his birth or parents. There is no Owen David registered but a middle name being omitted is not uncommon.

I think I have possible for Sarah (someone I'd found previously) but if it's her then there doesn't appear to be a registration for her (unless incorrect) and her birth year would possibly be 1870 not 1871 which is not that much of a concern.
This death?

JONES,
SARAH ANN
GRO Reference: 1935 S Quarter in MERTHYR TYDFIL Volume 11A Page 561

I think I have found the Evan Owen and his sons David Vincent, John and Glyn who were mentioned in the funeral write up. I suspect it was Evan's wife who was actually Owen's cousin, she appears to have been a Jane Jones. They are also living on Angus St in 1921.

And I've possibly found Owen on the 1881 census at Minffordd (mentioned in the sent page scan) with Jane's family. Listed as a servant though, so can't be certain there are a lot of Joneses.

IGNORE this post
If Sarah was born on 22 Dec 1871 her birth could be registered in Dec 1871 or January 1872.
Llanrhaedr came under the regstration district of Llanfyllin. A search for that gave me one possible birth. I have no way of knowing if this is correct.
JONES, SARAH ANNHARRIS
GRO Reference: 1871 D Quarter in LLANFYLLIN Volume 11B Page 215

Last edited:
True - back to the drawing board.
In that case there don't seem to be any births registered which fit with the district of Llanfyllin. Leaving the district blank gives 13 possible Sarah Ann Williams born in Wales.

Too many Jones, William etc.

I think I can see her in 1871 (which makes me think she's a year older than the scan says) and in 1881. Birth place matches and her father's name is David. The siblings are all listed with mmn Jones (again).

I think I have found the Evan Owen and his sons David Vincent, John and Glyn who were mentioned in the funeral write up. I suspect it was Evan's wife who was actually Owen's cousin, she appears to have been a Jane Jones. They are also living on Angus St in 1921.

And I've possibly found Owen on the 1881 census at Minffordd (mentioned in the sent page scan) with Jane's family. Listed as a servant though, so can't be certain there are a lot of Joneses.
That’s interesting.

I'm fairly certain that the wife of Evan Owen and the mother of David, John & Glyn was a Jane Jones, the daughter of a Cadwaladr and Jane Jones.

As mentioned, with Cadwaladr and Jane (and their family) in 1881 is an Owen Jones of the right age listed as a servant. It would be nice to think that this Owen is the right one and was Cadwaladr's nephew but because the name is so common it could just be a coincidence, and not a particularly unlikely one.

It could be him or Owen could still be Jane's cousin and be somewhere else in 1881 or he could actually be Evan's cousin through an as yet unknown relationship of their parents.

Nothing is clear unfortunately.

I'm fairly certain that the wife of Evan Owen and the mother of David, John & Glyn was a Jane Jones, the daughter of a Cadwaladr and Jane Jones.

As mentioned, with Cadwaladr and Jane (and their family) in 1881 is an Owen Jones of the right age listed as a servant. It would be nice to think that this Owen is the right one and was Cadwaladr's nephew but because the name is so common it could just be a coincidence, and not a particularly unlikely one.

It could be him or Owen could still be Jane's cousin and be somewhere else in 1881 or he could actually be Evan's cousin through an as yet unknown relationship of their parents.

Thank you for looking

No, in 1871 the possible Sarah Ann Williams is in Llanyllin district, Trewern parish. Parents David and Margaret.

Not the right person I’m giving up today too tired will pick it up again tomorrow. Thank you both again for your help

The year of birth for Sarah Ann of LLanfyllin in 1871 is different from that on the scan you received by 1 year. Birthplace matches so she is the most likely.

Hi

I have some information back from Hazel
Idwal married Priscilla Luke and had 3 children Betty Thelma and Malcom
Betty had 2 children Hazel and her sister who is 7 years older, have asked for her sisters name Betty married Vivian.
Thelma was married to Malcom had 3 boys and lived in Barry island
Malcolm Jones married Margaret had 2 boys and lived in Abervan.

Arfon married Rona she was a nurse the had 1 child Elvid

Eurona is listed on the scans you were sent and the actual wedding details, 12th Dec 1946, Aber...

That’s interesting.

Cadwaladr appears to have been born in 1837 Aberffraw, Anglesey the son of Owen Jones and Margaret Roberts. It looks as if he had a number of siblings.

Cadwaladr appears to have been born in 1837 Aberffraw, Anglesey the son of Owen Jones and Margaret Roberts. It looks as if he had a number of siblings.
Thank you, someone just messaged me they have a few right ups on owen david Jones will post if i can when i have them

Back