• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

ROBERT JONES Lyndon Road

Irish records are not as extensive or as easy to search as English/Welsh records and there are a lot of common names.

For Kathleen Mullen...

Father - I can't find a birth for a Stephen Mullen father Thomas, though I see no reason atm to doubt that his father was a Thomas.

Mother - Margaret (Frances) Latimer was born County Meath and appears to be the daughter of a Joseph Latimer and an Isabella Gresham/Gresson.

For Joseph George Pearcey...

Father - George Pearcey is a dead-end atm, there is nothing certain before his marriage, none of the obvious listings in 1881 or 1891 seem to be him. He does seem to have an army service record but not sure if that will help.

Mother - Mary O'Brien appears to be the daughter of a John O'Brien and a Hannah Daly. I haven't found a birth for her but on her marriage she lists her residence as Glankittane Square and in 1901 her (possible) mother and siblings are there. And one of them is a Michael Christopher, also the name of one her sons. Name also listed as just Brien.

Irish records are not as extensive or as easy to search as English/Welsh records and there are a lot of common names.

For Kathleen Mullen...

Father - I can't find a birth for a Stephen Mullen father Thomas, though I see no reason atm to doubt that his father was a Thomas.

Mother - Margaret (Frances) Latimer was born County Meath and appears to be the daughter of a Joseph Latimer and an Isabella Gresham/Gresson.

For Joseph George Pearcey...

Father - George Pearcey is a dead-end atm, there is nothing certain before his marriage, none of the obvious listings in 1881 or 1891 seem to be him. He does seem to have an army service record but not sure if that will help.

Mother - Mary O'Brien appears to be the daughter of a John O'Brien and a Hannah Daly. I haven't found a birth for her but on her marriage she lists her residence as Glankittane Square and in 1901 her (possible) mother and siblings are there. And one of them is a Michael Christopher, also the name of one her sons. Name also listed as just Brien.
Thank you will check this against what i have im sure i have something wrong

Thank you will check this against what i have im sure i have something wrong
I have a 1911 cencus mary Pearcey 32 living at 45 clifton rd Winchester also living there george Pearcey age 32 soldier son Joseph Pearcey 11, George Pearcey 3 Mary Pearcey 0 they also had another child that died

I have a 1911 cencus mary Pearcey 32 living at 45 clifton rd Winchester also living there george Pearcey age 32 soldier son Joseph Pearcey 11, George Pearcey 3 Mary Pearcey 0 they also had another child that died
I also have the 1901 cencus mary 21 George 21 Joseph living at Glankittane square.

George Pearcey father possibly married a Elizabeth west and a louis. Pearcey can be spelt pearce/percy i have found as well

There's an age difference of 10 years between that George Pearce and your George Pearcey and he also appears to be living on Woolwich Road, Greenwich in 1901.

There's an age difference of 10 years between that George Pearce and your George Pearcey and he also appears to be living on Woolwich Road, Greenwich in 1901.
Do you have a birth an death date for stephen ive got 1879

Just 13 years, not an uncommon gap for a second wife. My 2 x grandfather was 39 years older than my 2 x great grandmother.

I should have remembered, there are no Irish civil birth records available before 1864 so finding anything further about Stephen (and others) would seem difficult.

I should have remembered, there are no Irish civil birth records available before 1864 so finding anything further about Stephen (and others) would seem difficult.
Hopefully the marriage certificate should be here soon for Owen and Sarah

• Appreciate
Reactions: MWS
Finally got a picture Idwal Jones is the man with glasses and white hair and his wife priscilla on his right

Attachments

• IMG-20230428-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20230428-WA0000.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Appreciate
Reactions: MWS
I’ve been speaking to my uncle he remembers Elsie Bradnock who married my great grandad William Jones. They used to go visit her, and my Nan told my uncle to call her nanny Jones.Elsie had two children Raymond Stanley Bradnock and Dorothy Bradnock I was wondering if you could find any information on them. My uncle said Ray died from a fridge falling on him and Dorothy was Down syndrome.

Not much. Neither appear to have married. Raymond died in 1988 (b1926) and Dorothy in 1996 (b1929).

There is no dob with Raymond's death registration which I always assume possibly means that it may have been registered by someone who didn't know him. Can't see anything about an accident but even if there is something the newspaper may not be online yet.

Thank you.they lived at 232 lyndon rd, i think he said he died there.been alot of deaths in that house over the years. Dont know what happened to the house after that.

Thank you im guessing it was sold after Raymond died as Dorothy had to be cared for and went in a home apparently my nan was the only one that visited her there. So maybe paid for her care.

Actually I found an ad for the sale of the house (will post it later when I am on my laptop) - think it was early 1990s.

I can't find one for Dorothy but that could be because that paper is not online yet or there might not have been one.
I would suspect she would also have been cremated at Robin Hood.

Back