• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

ROBERT JONES Lyndon Road

Not sure if I've found Jane or not, I think she might possibly have been a Jane Anne Martin b1919 in Morpeth.

Jane married a Walter Jamieson in 1939. They had 3 children - Mary 1940, Alan 1941 and Ellen in 1942 - I can't see a daughter Jane for them. Walter died in 1963 and Jane married Dennis in 1965.

Jane appears to revert back to Jamieson at some point, she was still living in Sutton in 2002 and died in 2003.

Coincidently, Jane appears to have had a sister, Ellen, who married a Thomas Jones (no relation to Dennis).

Not completely happy with all that, can't really fit a daughter for Dennis and Jane in.

Not sure if I've found Jane or not, I think she might possibly have been a Jane Anne Martin b1919 in Morpeth.

Jane married a Walter Jamieson in 1939. They had 3 children - Mary 1940, Alan 1941 and Ellen in 1942 - I can't see a daughter Jane for them. Walter died in 1963 and Jane married Dennis in 1965.

Jane appears to revert back to Jamieson at some point, she was still living in Sutton in 2002 and died in 2003.

Coincidently, Jane appears to have had a sister, Ellen, who married a Thomas Jones (no relation to Dennis).

Not completely happy with all that, can't really fit a daughter for Dennis and Jane in.
So the Jane and Dennis I found in the 1966 census living with Jane A and Allen Jamieson is probably wrong

No, I think you have the right people, I just can't work out a few details.

Is Helen definitely Dennis and Jane's daughter or could she be the daughter of Dennis and a different woman perhaps?

If Jane was born in 1919 and married Dennis in 1965 they are unlikely to have had children.
Not impossible but....

Jane married a Walter Jamieson in 1939. They had 3 children - Mary 1940, Alan 1941 and Ellen in 1942 - I can't see a daughter Jane for them.
Could the Jane A be the wife of Allen (the Alan you found)?
So Jane A and Allen living with Allen's mother.

I can't see a marriage for Alan/Allan/Allen Jamieson to a Jane but possibly.

I can't see the Sutton/Surrey ERs to see who's where when. Do you have to inform the gov. of a name change for ER purposes, could that account for Jane Jamieson and Jane Jones in the same year?

Maybe Helen isn’t Janes daughter as we thought and strange how Helen lived at same address as Dennis and no Jane she might have a different mom.Going on what I was told Dennis son Barry told them that Dennis remarried had a daughter called Helen and moved down south. Barry never heard from him again.As we found Dennis in Surrey before this other information came about, thinking about it could he have married back in Birmingham had Helen and then moved to Surrey. Joanne Joiner One of the children from Gwendoline’s affair said Gwendoline and Dennis split when she was 1 or 2 years old. It’s confusing me

So Dennis and Gwendoline were together whilst Gwendoline was having an affair (for 7 or 8 years) with Leonard Joiner?

A recap of Dennis Jones...

1919 - Jane Martin born
1925 - Dennis Jones born
1939 - Jane Martin marries Walter Jamieson
1946 - Dennis marries Gwendoline Neate
1947 - Barry (Dennis & Gwendoline son) born
1956 - Karen (Gwendoline's daughter) born
1962 - Joanne (Gwendoline's daughter) born
1962 - 1965 - Dennis and Gwendoline divorce
1963 - Walter Jamieson dies
1965 - Dennis marries Jane Jamieson
1974 - Gwendoline marries Leonard Joiner
1979 - Dennis Jones dies
2003 - Jane Jones/Jamieson (nee Martin dies)

It does appear that the Jane Jamieson Dennis marries was the widow of Walter and not their daughter. There is no registration for such and on the Sutton ERs, Jane A Jamieson seems to disappear to be replaced by Jane A Jones at about the correct time.

If this is so then Jane would possibly be too old to be the mother of Helen (44ish) and it would possibility make Helen too young to be listed on the probate record. Also there doesn't appear to be a registration for a Helen Jones, mmn Martin. Which leaves the possibility that Helen is Dennis's daughter with another woman or something less common, like an adoption.

There is a gap between Barry and Karen's birth but not knowing the details and with your new info that Dennis and Gwendoline were together until after Joanne's birth, it's hard to speculate.

Gwendoline and Dennis Adopted a son Rodney surname Jones born 1944 Epping Essex
Gwendoline and Dennis married in 1946 in Devizes
Son Barry born in 1947 Rugby Warwickshire
Joanne Joiner was registered Joanne Jones in 1962 Rugby Warwickshire (I was originally searching Joiner) it could be possible that the affair Gwendoline had was with Leonard Joiner will check they married in 1974 in Solihull.Joanne then changed name to Joiner.
Dennis and Gwendoline split around 1963/64 if Joanne was 1 or 2

Just checked the affair produced daughter Joanne and two brothers all born with surname jones maybe she tried passing them off as Dennis kids to start with

As previously mentioned, some time after Dennis's death Jane appears to revert back to Jamieson - listed as such on 2002 ER and death registration.

There is a marriage for a Helen Jamieson registered Sutton, Mar 1986 to a Robin E Smart.

Robin and Helen are listed on Companies House website (publicly available) in regards Deanmarch Ltd. It gives Helen's birth as March 1957.

There is no birth registration for a Helen Jamieson that matches, neither can I see a previous marriage for a Helen to a Jamieson.

My theory would be that Dennis and Jane adopted Helen and for some reason she changed her name to Jamieson after Dennis's death. That is complete speculation and I can't prove it.

Helens business address is registered at a very nice hose in Epsom Surrey trying to find email address to contact her see if it’s the right person

Just a word of caution, I could easily be wrong but even if I am right you don't know her situation or what she may or may not know. You may be putting your foot in it, so to speak.

I’ve found her on Facebook through another business she has. I’ve not gave to much away just said I’m researching my family tree and was just wondering if her Dad is Dennis Jones. She will come back with yes or no at least that way we know if we’re on the right track.

She was married to a Jamieson 45 years ago his parents were Edwin and Ethel now deceased never heard them mention female siblings

• Appreciate
Reactions: MWS
Her mom is still alive and no family connection to Birmingham. What if Dennis married in Birmingham and then moved to Surrey

Going with your info for when he split from Gwendoline, it wouldn't leave him much time to get married and divorced again before marrying Jane.

Back