• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

ROBERT JONES Lyndon Road

Quite common to have no headstone. My one set of grandparents have a grave like that but their names are on the side.

Update….
I’ve contacted Doris Wilkins Grandaughter I’m just waiting on her gathering the information she has and sending it to me, So we can see if we have the right person. I think her moms memory of her dad Arthur is vague due to her being young when he died.Fingers crossed we have the right person.

Hi

Still no contact from Doris Wilkins daughter. But I’ve come across another problem, it looks like William jones of 232 Lyndon Road, remarried after Gladys died as his death certificate shows an E Jones widow of deceased 232 Sheldon Road as person who reported death. I’m having trouble tracing E Jones any of your expertise help would be appreciated as always

Nickie

If you had the marriage cert for William to Gladys then his Father's name should be on it. This would confirm if William's father was an Owen David Jones.
I’ve now got Williams birth certificate his parents were David Owen and Sarah Ann Williams

If she died in 1945 and he died in 1952 it is a narrow window.
Can you remind me when he died in 1952?
Have found one possible marriage to a Eunice Edwards but it is early 1952.
Just found another in 1947 to a Elsie Bradnock. She was living in Solihull (Lyndon Cottages but I am not sure where they were) on 1939 register.

There's only a couple of birth registrations around 1882 for a James Bennett in Aston/Bham/Kings Norton. One is mmn Andrews (father James) and the other Fountain (father Robert).

So, the one mentioned appears to be correct.

There's only a couple of birth registrations around 1882 for a James Bennett in Aston/Bham/Kings Norton. One is mmn Andrews (father James) and the other Fountain (father Robert).

So, the one mentioned appears to be correct.
So james wife is emma etta Andrews

Yes, I think so, they married in 1878. Emma is a widow by 1891 and James possibly died in 1888.

Apart from the younger James they had 2 sons and a daughter.

Yes, I think so, they married in 1878. Emma is a widow by 1891 and James possibly died in 1888.

Apart from the younger James they had 2 sons and a daughter.
I honestly dont know how you find it im struggling to find the marriage on Ancestry

Not that uncommon but the father of the elder James Bennett seems to have been a James as well and the younger James appears to have had a son James (Blanche's brother) who had a son James Wilfred. So 5 James in a row there.

Not that uncommon but the father of the elder James Bennett seems to have been a James as well and the younger James appears to have had a son James (Blanche's brother) who had a son James Wilfred. So 5 James in a row there.
Thank you so much for all the information you have found

Hi
Hope your both well. I have just found the step daughter of Dennis Jones he and Gwendoline divorced and Dennis married another women and apparently had a daughter a Helen but I can’t find new wife or daughter and neither can the step daughter. Dennis lived in Birmingham, but I have that he moved to Surrey and died there. Recap
Dennis was b 6 Feb 1925 Birmingham
D Jan 1979 in Surrey
Dennis married Gwendoline Neate in 1946 in Birmingham. I don’t know how long they were married for but we have between 1946 and 1979 33yrs with in that.
Your help would be much appreciated
Nickie

Assuming they are theirs, there are 5 Jones/Neate children registered in Solihull, the last in 1962. The marriage between Dennis and Gwendoline was registered Devizes, Wilts.

Assuming they are theirs, there are 5 Jones/Neate children registered in Solihull, the last in 1962. The marriage between Dennis and Gwendoline was registered Devizes, Wilts.
5 children yes.They said Dennis and Gwendoline Adopted Rodney Paul Jones and she gave birth to Barry he is Dennis son
The other 3 children are two boys and 1 girl from an affair Gwendoline had They used the surname Jones until Gwendoline remarried. If Dennis remarried and had another child Helen as he lived and died in Surrey should we be looking there rather than Birmingham

Back