• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

ROBERT JONES Lyndon Road

It is all there in the 3 cuttings but it is from:

You need to subscribe to get the page.
Thank you

I can't see Owen prior to his marriage to Sarah. What makes you think his parents are John & Elizabeth?

The death reg. scan is incorrect because it's for Sarah A Williams, should be for a Sarah A Jones.

For Owen's parents, his marriage certificate should give his father's name and occupation which may help to narrow it down, so it might be best to wait until you receive that.

Hi nicola.. So basically my father's mother who was originally Hazel Morgan, her mother Betty, was idwals daughter, they were from pentrebach, in Merthyr Tydfil, I have been meaning to subscribe so have better ideas etc, I will ask my nan and see if idwal had a brother William

Got this response from some on ancestry who had Idwal same details of me in his tree

Pentrebach or Troedyrhiw I will have to double check with my nan

this is where he thinks he was born we have Troedyrhiw

There are four other Jones/Williams births reg. the same qtr as Idwal. One of them, Griffith, has the same reference numbers as Idwal so possibly him. If so, his death is possibly registered the same year and quarter.

I had just come to the same conclusion. Same page and ref for Griffith and Idwal.
Name:​
Mother's Maiden Surname:​
JONES, GRIFFITH WILLIAMS
GRO Reference: 1903 J Quarter in MERTHYR TYDFIL Volume 11A Page 767
JONES, IDWAL WILLIAMS
GRO Reference: 1903 J Quarter in MERTHYR TYDFIL Volume 11A Page 767

with this death

Name:​
Age at Death (in years):​
JONES, GRIFFITH 0
GRO Reference: 1903 J Quarter in MERTHYR TYDFIL Volume 11A Page 351

• Appreciate
Reactions: MWS
You two are fantastic, gives me a headache after a while, I am very much an amateur. He is sending me pictures over shortly. He actually lives in Angus street not 22 though. I find this so interesting. Thank you

You two are fantastic, gives me a headache after a while, I am very much an amateur. He is sending me pictures over shortly. He actually lives in Angus street not 22 though. I find this so interesting. Thank you
Sorry - have I missed somethings? Who is sending the pictures to you?

He sent me over a family register all the people we have are on there plus a few more I will find out tomorrow who they are. I’m going to speak to Hazel directly. There was a name on there Jennie Jones not Jane so I took janes details out and put Jennie in it came up Jane Jones she married William T Richards 1st October 1938 she was b28 June 1900 and died sept 1939. This is why we couldn’t find her

One of those annoying little inconsistencies that can be frustrating but satisfying when sorted,

She appears to be listed as Jane on everything (birth, census, marriage) except her death.

One of those annoying little inconsistencies that can be frustrating but satisfying when sorted,

She appears to be listed as Jane on everything (birth, census, marriage) except her death.
Oh when i put Jennie in the ancestry search it took me to her married information as Jennie but when clicked it was jane. Have you found her death details

This is one of what they sent me got a melcom on it and arfon and some one son

Attachments

• IMG-20230405-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20230405-WA0003.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 17
Sorry its this one on the page its Alfed at the side malcome and clare louise i did as him yesterday but he didnt know

Attachments

• IMG-20230405-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20230405-WA0002.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 11
That's a nice record you've been sent and gives details of Arfon's marriage which I wasn't sure of.

Oh when i put Jennie in the ancestry search it took me to her married information as Jennie but when clicked it was jane. Have you found her death details

Sep qtr 1939, Merthyr Tydfil as Jenny.

I was blown away when he sent it this is the first part i sent the last 2 out of 3. Hazel has just messaged me so hopefully find out more

Attachments

• IMG-20230405-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20230405-WA0004.jpg
    282.9 KB · Views: 10
Even with the dob given for Owen, nothing is certain regarding his birth or parents. There is no Owen David registered but a middle name being omitted is not uncommon.

I think I have possible for Sarah (someone I'd found previously) but if it's her then there doesn't appear to be a registration for her (unless incorrect) and her birth year would possibly be 1870 not 1871 which is not that much of a concern.

Back