• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Birmingham on Sea

At the very end of the pier and at the road end there are cranes, but did not see anyone working there.

They have had a large barge with a crane on and are pile driving to strengthen the end of the pier it will take 6 weeks to do the job and has now finished,two weeks ago it had to shelter in Burham because of high tides in Weston

Mossy:)

Cheers Dave M ........ good to see Weston from the big wheel.
still a shame bout the pier though:(
ragga ........

Great photo's Dave I think I can see Mossy paddling in the background. What's the bird life like there?. Jean.

Thanks Dave lovely photos, I think mossy is in one of those Vans on the beach, playing with his instrument:)

hi dave...great pics...hope you had a good time...yep i reckon mossy would be lurking around somewhere there:D:D:D

lyn:):)

Great photos i was in Weston yesterday with some friends who are stopping with us for a few days,we went to Court Farm to a working farm there wear a lot of cowboys camping there i will put some picys on later.

And Lyn any of them dates you metioned are fine just let me know when

Mossy:)

A relative of mine (1st cousin, twice removed) has a blue plaque at his birthplace in George St. Weston-Super-Mare.
I'll have to sort out his birth certificate..... I'm sure it says a different house number....!
Would that plaque have been awarded by Weston Council? It's not an English Heritage one.

Dave thanks for that. Lovely photo's. The last time we were in that locality at Burnham a couple used to take their cockatoos to the local with them and they would sit ouside on their perches. [The cockatoo's that is]. Jean.

lyn it was excellent :)
managed to do the full Brean Down :)
and further South West on the Thursday :):)

great dave.....mind you i would never have got those pics from the wheel...i get dizzy just going any further than up 3 rungs of a ladder....:D:D:D

lyn:):)

ps..hope the little on is doing good....:):)

Great photos Dave. You ought to consider getting some made up as Post Cards, would be far better than many on sale down there. (Don't let the dreaded touch up artist get to them though, unless he is a professional or the Forum's 'Printmeister'!:)
Mike

Mossy are you going to the Party on the Beach???? or are you there already?????
Looks pretty good to me

Hey Pat if I'd known we could have caught a coach or train and paddled in the mud like we did that day on our school trip. Talk about trips you took one on the station platform didn't you. I lost moms gift:cry::cry: and was covered in caked on mud. Had a great time though. Jean.

Can't be Blue Sea at Weston its not right, can't have Blue Sea with Mud Banks

Come on Mossy you're the man on the spot - tell Alf you've seen real blue sea at Weston - I did when I was a kid! (or was it all a childhood dream?:rolleyes:)
Mike

I think he is at the Party on the beach Mike, he hasn't been around today, he will be reliving his youth I expect

Back