• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. S

manager

Have you looked elsewhere in the street? One of my relatives owned a pub but he didn't live in it, he lived further down the street. However some of his relatives did live at the pub even though they did not work there.
  2. S

Fattorini, medal makers

I've been told my nan used to work there but doing embroidery
  3. S

If they lived in Edgbaston where would they be buried?

Re: If they lived in Edgebaston where would they be buried? we shall plant some when we come to plant K447 then :)
  4. S

Re: If they lived in Edgebaston where would they be buried? Thanks Brian...I guess a gardener couldn't afford a private grave :( Thanks once again for looking this up for me and taking the pictures :thumbsup: Sarah
  5. S

Key Hill Cemetery - Birmingham in Bloom

I found his will...
  6. S

Re: If they lived in Edgebaston where would they be buried? Thanks Brian...where would be without you. You deserve a medal!
  7. S

Re: If they lived in Edgebaston where would they be buried? I think it might only work if one of us buys the ticket and you tell us what numbers to pick...if you need any assistance with that, you know where I am :D
  8. S

Re: If they lived in Edgebaston where would they be buried? Thanks Leslam....it looks as though clever Brian may have found him though
  9. S

Re: If they lived in Edgebaston where would they be buried? ......
  10. S

Re: If they lived in Edgebaston where would they be buried? Ooh that looks promising, thanks loads Brian, I'll have a look at the other names you posted too see if they are related. Is that a private or public grave? Sarah
  11. S

Re: If they lived in Edgebaston where would they be buried? Unfortunately I don't live in Birmingham any more. I would like to find out so that I can bring my dad up for a day of cemetery visiting, I might ask at Handsworth cemetery as they seem to have access to Warstone Lane records...
  12. S

Re: If they lived in Edgebaston where would they be buried? No I haven't tried anywhere yet as I really wasn't sure where to start. Thanks Mike
  13. S

Re: If they lived in Edgebaston where would they be buried? After another look at the census, I think that might be Francis Road :confused:
  14. S

Hi all I'm trying to track down the burial place of some of my family, so far I'm doing quite well having found a couple at Key Hill and a couple at Handsworth. I've also emailed Witton and Yardley where I believe a couple more might be but I'm not sure where to look for my ggg grandparents...
  15. S

Key Hill Cemetery - Birmingham in Bloom

Wow you have been working hard, brilliant to follow your progress on here...I can't wait to see it next time I'm over...and to think you still had time to do some tidying for me :beam:. Keep up the posts, this is better than timeteam!
  16. S

World War 1 Service Records-Coding

Hi I found these guys (see link below) really helpful with my questions about my ancestors WW1 service records. https://frontforum.westernfrontassociation.com/ Good luck S
  17. S

Mary Vale Road

Great picture. My mum lived on Mary Vale Road, can't remember what dates though (I think maybe in the 50s)...I'll ask one of my aunties...
  18. S

Birmingham Nightclubs of the Past - Memories

Cheers Col I'll show it to dad. He wasn't from Tamworth either mostly he played at Birmingham clubs. Mickey Dunne was his stage name. Sarah
  19. S

I'm not sure if these have been posted before but I also found a couple of books you guys might like... Brum Rocked On: https://www.brumrock.co.uk/ King of Clubs: The Eddie Fewtrell Story...
  20. S

I found this on a Tamworth site from when he played at the Assembly rooms there...
Back