• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The Stags Head 13th Feb 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
our barmaids...who worked very hard...thanks girls...:)

mary on the left and me sister anne on the right..

never had a drop david...:D oh thank you for very kindly giving me your raffle prize...it was lovely of you....xx

Last edited:
and here is our surprise of the day...frankie 40....thanks frankie for being a good sport....great to meet you all:)

john knight, it was great to meet you in person yesterday. I don't know if you made the journey purposely for the meet up but it was a long way to travel for any reason. I hope you enjoyed it.

Looks like you all had a great time. Sorry I couldn't be there, but I've had a really nasty reaction to some penicillin - couldn't even make the party I was supposed to be at last night *sob*.

oh charlie you would have love it and im sorry to hear about the reaction:( hope you are on the mend....chances are we may have another meet at the stag later in the year so i do hope you can make it next time....

lyn..x:)

Got to throw my tuppence worth in now. That was one of the best Saturday afternoons Ive spent in a long time. It was great to finally meet so many of the members that I have spoken with over the years. AND,nothing but praise for our Lyn, for organising the event, Wendy, for dealing with the raffle, and all that entailed, and Jim & Hilary for all you do to keep this life-line going. (By the way Hilary, I told you that Scottish note was ok, didnt I). And a very special thank you to everyone that turned up, you all made the trip down very worth while.

Sorry I haven't been on I am decorating......urgh! The photo's are brilliant it's a shame it's not like facebook where we can tag people! It was lovely seeing everyone if only for a few minutes the time just flew! It was lovely to meet John Knight and Bazz M who had travelled such a long way. It was lovely to see John and June Houghton I bought his book In and Around Aston Through Time its excellent! I am sorry if I didn't get to speak to everyone I can't believe how busy I was.......lol. For those who couldn't make it don't worry there will definitely be more meets. I am so sorry to hear you are unwell Charlie I hope you feel better soon.

I also know Frothy will get his revenge!!

By the Frothy, thanks for the picture. You will have noticed Im using it already. When I saw it I thought, thats not bad, I still look sober. Many thanks mate.

Good idea Bazz I have changed mine for the one John Knight took with John Houghton's camera.

hi ya bazz....so glad you had a good time:) this meet up was good for the stag and the forum as it bought so many of us together:) its just like having one massive family now:Dand my christmas card list has just got bigger:D

lyn

nice one wend...if someone posts a decent one of me i shall do the same but its rare to find one..im not very photogenic:(looking forward to john knights pics...

lyn

Baz
I'll let you know after I've been to the bank Tomorrow.
Hilary

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back