• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Saint Georges Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done for getting on the computer , and welcome Prof, the last time at The Stag, i wasnt too well, and didnt manage to eat any of your excellent (im told) stew , as i am only a little bloke,make sure you leave some for me LOL. See you in a few weeks . Max

hi ya prof and a warm welcome:):) we are meeting at the black eagle this sat...12 o clock......pop in for pint if you have time....:thumbsup:

lyn:)

Last edited:
slight miscalulation there dave...yes it is 12 midday:) ive edited my post..glad you noticed the deliberate mistake:D:D.

Welcome Proff....I hope we can welcome you as well as you welcomed us at The Stag's Head. The food was fantastic company great and your staff were a credit to you. I am looking forward to the St Georges meet on Saturday 24th April.:D

thank you for the welcome.i will try to be at black eagle not for long though as ive got to to match.im glad everyone enjoyed themselves not did you enjoyed being here but we all marie,myself the staff mary and lyn sister ann enjoyed the day.so im hoping wen you all turn up hopefully for st georges gettogether you will enjoy it as much as you did the first time.max look forward to meetin you and yes there will be stewwww! ha ha!

p.s frotheeeeeeeeeeee! st georges day is on friday i think will it be on friday or saturday.

hi prof...oh well thats it then....if the stew pot is on the go again that should up the numbers attending:thumbsup:hope to see you at the eagle on sat even if its just for a quick half....

Frothy got my new Flag :georgecrossflag::georgecrossflag::georgecrossflag::georgecrossflag::georgecrossflag::)

Isn't it funny how we English will get a lump in the throat when we see someone playing the bagpipes in a Kilt, we love the Irish dancing on St paddy's day, and love a male voice choir from the valleys............but when we see a bunch of Morris Dancers we move away embarrasedly......why?

It is sad Leonard, but it never seems very manly,in fact it looks comical,in my opinion anyway. For a nation that ruled so much of the world its embarrassing that we don't have something more suitable to our macho persona, but having said that i would not walk away embarrassed.
Max

Max what is manly about a man in a tartan skirt blowing into a sheeps stomach. Morris is complete unmacho and itis its understated ethos that is attractice. OK I own up I am a closet Morris Man. We will not lead our men into battle to the sound of bells jangling I admit, and we dont dance with our arms straight down to avoid upsetting the church , we do wghat we like. It is older than scots or Irish dancing and is English.........more so than our Turkish Patron saint.

You will notice i said nothing about others beliefs or cultures, only my own feelings. I make no attack on others patron saints or our own from where ever country he or they originated. I wonder where Morris dancing started ? Max

Saint Georges Day meet:georgecrossflag:
:georgecrossflag:Stags Head Summer Lane
Saturday 24th April 12.30:georgecrossflag:

Froth and Cath
Wendy....
Dave M...
Mike-G and Maureen
Pollypops... Maybe
David Fowler...
Blackham...
Postie and Hilary...
Templer...
Maggie and Otherhalf...
Ladylinda...
ironman plus Mom and Nan
Robert the late........
Angela and Linda.....
Brummie60....
Maxwell Bullivant...
Dek Carr....

Last edited:
Come on Frothy STAY POSITIVE
There's still 27 days to go
Plenty of time for more people to get their names down!!!

Of course you can Frothy, its a way of yet . If anything you will have a bigger turnout than yesterday. Well im gonna cum and i half fill a room LOL

Put Kenny Stowe on the list please Froth , he will get me there Max

Saint Georges Day meet:georgecrossflag:
:georgecrossflag:Stags Head Summer Lane
Saturday 24th April 12.30:georgecrossflag:

Froth and Cath
Wendy....
Dave M...
Mike-G and Maureen
Pollypops... Maybe
David Fowler...
Blackham...
Postie and Hilary...