• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

ROBERT JONES Lyndon Road

David Owen jones is Owen David Jones (Jenny’s dads brother) but I can’t find him anywhere. His other brother William emigrated to America, he became a Reverend from what I can see. I’ve read an orbitury for William that states his brother David Owen came to America for a while but nobody knew where he went after. Did he stay in America or go back to wales.if it is him at the funeral then he did go back to wales.

Owen Jones b1800 Newborough, Anglesey
Margaret Roberts b1805 Anglesey

Griffith Williams b1817 Llangwyllog, Anglesey
Elizabeth Williams b1812 Aberffraw, Anglesey

David Williams
?

William Jones
?

David Williams and William Jones are listed as father's to David Williams & Margaret Jones on marriage. I did have David William's (father) wife as a Margaret Roberts but I can't find it now, so probably best to ignore. Apart from her father's name, Margaret Jones' is elusive before her marriage and I've been down 2 dead ends before eliminating both.
Sorry is this owens grand parents

David Owen jones is Owen David Jones (Jenny’s dads brother) but I can’t find him anywhere. His other brother William emigrated to America, he became a Reverend from what I can see. I’ve read an orbitury for William that states his brother David Owen came to America for a while but nobody knew where he went after. Did he stay in America or go back to wales.if it is him at the funeral then he did go back to wales.

The David Owen (Treharris) mentioned is not David Owen Jones, Owen is his surname. How the relationships are being used it's not certain how he is related, he may even be related to her husband, William Richards.

There is no certainty that Owen's brothers are those Jones that emigrated to America.

Tricky but I think I've made a little progress with Edward and Catherine Jane Groves who are mentioned a few times in the clippings as cousins etc.

It seems likely that the connection is through Catherine, who was a Catherine Jane Owens b1891 in Bethesda, near Bangor. She is on the 1901 census with her mother and step father (no siblings listed) and in 1911 with her husband, which makes it difficult to confirm either her father's or mother's name

However, it is possible that she was the daughter of an Owen Owens and a Grace Williams. They are together on the 1891 census with 3 daughters, the youngest of which was a Grace Ann Owens. In 1901 and 1911 Grace Ann's birthplace is also listed as Bethesda and in 1911 she is also living in the Merthyr Tydfil area having married a John Hugh Owen (no s).

So my guess would be that Grace Williams was possibly related to Owen David Jones' mother (Jane Williams) somehow. Again names are not easy to compare, so a fair amount of uncertainty.

Tricky but I think I've made a little progress with Edward and Catherine Jane Groves who are mentioned a few times in the clippings as cousins etc.

It seems likely that the connection is through Catherine, who was a Catherine Jane Owens b1891 in Bethesda, near Bangor. She is on the 1901 census with her mother and step father (no siblings listed) and in 1911 with her husband, which makes it difficult to confirm either her father's or mother's name

However, it is possible that she was the daughter of an Owen Owens and a Grace Williams. They are together on the 1891 census with 3 daughters, the youngest of which was a Grace Ann Owens. In 1901 and 1911 Grace Ann's birthplace is also listed as Bethesda and in 1911 she is also living in the Merthyr Tydfil area having married a John Hugh Owen (no s).

So my guess would be that Grace Williams was possibly related to Owen David Jones' mother (Jane Williams) somehow. Again names are not easy to compare, so a fair amount of uncertainty.
Thank you I’ve been trying to connect this on my tree through owens mom jane Williams but I can’t find these people, I’m probably doing it wrong through the wrong person knowing me

Everything is complicated by the names involved and their repetition in different lines. Added to this the liberal use of cousin and nephew to describe more distant relationships and it's not easy.

However, you are fortunate to have so many newspaper clippings. Talking of which...

31 Aug 1935 - funeral of Sarah Ann Jones (nee Williams). Not sure if this has mentioned before. Lots of relations mentioned, including William who must have came from Bham for it.

22 Feb 1941 - funeral of John Hugh Owen, the husband of Grace Ann Owens. Mentions a lot of the same people, Idwal Jones as cousin and Edward Groves as brother in law, which confirms that Grace and Catherine were sisters.

Everything is complicated by the names involved and their repetition in different lines. Added to this the liberal use of cousin and nephew to describe more distant relationships and it's not easy.

However, you are fortunate to have so many newspaper clippings. Talking of which...

31 Aug 1935 - funeral of Sarah Ann Jones (nee Williams). Not sure if this has mentioned before. Lots of relations mentioned, including William who must have came from Bham for it.

22 Feb 1941 - funeral of John Hugh Owen, the husband of Grace Ann Owens. Mentions a lot of the same people, Idwal Jones as cousin and Edward Groves as brother in law, which confirms that Grace and Catherine were sisters.
Are you on ancestry

I can search public family trees which brings up partial information but I can't actually see the trees. You need a subscription for that.

I can search public family trees which brings up partial information but I can't actually see the trees. You need a subscription for that.
Mines private that’s a shame. I can’t find Sarah and John Owen article

Again, if you set the parameters to place Merthyr Tydfil and the date to either of the ones mentioned, and search for Edward Groves that will hopefully give the correct result.

Ok, you can try if you want to, I think you can invite by username which is - marksimmonds165

At first glance the only things I think are wrong is the birthplace and siblings you have for Sarah Ann Williams.

I think she was born in Llanrhaeadr-ym-Mochnant.

At first glance the only things I think are wrong is the birthplace and siblings you have for Sarah Ann Williams.

I think she was born in Llanrhaeadr-ym-Mochnant.
I’ve changed her place of birth and put the correct one in. I’ve deleted her siblings as well was her mother Margaret or mary

As far as I can tell her parents were David Williams b1833 Llanrhaeadr and Margaret Jones b1841 Pontrobert.

It was quite a while ago but a nice little village from what I remember. Farming area so there are a lot of green fields. Also a well known waterfall called Pistyll Rhaeadr.
Sounds lovely I’m not far from wales we are going to go there soon,don’t know when I’d like to go to Merthyr Tydfil but it’s quite away

Back