• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

ROBERT JONES Lyndon Road

These I think...

Emma Etta Andrews was born Birmingham, reg. Jun 1857 and she didn't die in 1888.

Emma's father was a William Andrews b1832, Elmbridge Worcestershire.

Sarah Jane Solomon/Soloman's mother was a Sarah Ann Smith, her father unknown. Thomas Solomon (Sarah Ann Smith's husband) appears to have died more than 2 years before she was born.

Mary Ellen Groves' father Thomas Groves was born 1865ish Rowley Regis or Blackheath

Leslie Bostock's parents were William Bostock b1869ish Barlborough, Derbyshire and Annie Eliza White b1868ish Mosborough, Derbyshire.

Last edited:
These I think...

Emma Etta Andrews was born Birmingham, reg. Jun 1857 and she didn't die in 1888.

Emma's father was a William Andrews b1832, Elmbridge Worcestershire.

Sarah Jane Solomon/Soloman's mother was a Sarah Ann Smith, her father unknown. Thomas Solomon (Sarah Ann Smith's husband) appears to have died more than 2 years before she was born.

Mary Ellen Groves' father Thomas Groves was born 1865ish Rowley Regis or Blackheath

Leslie Bostock's parents were William Bostock b1869ish Barlborough, Derbyshire and Annie Eliza White b1868ish Mosborough, Derbyshire.
That whole bostock line is wrong then ive had to take them all out to put Williams date of birth in

It can happen, you can't be too careful. And from what I can see there seems to be a half a dozen or so trees on Ancestry that have done the same.

It can happen, you can't be too careful. And from what I can see there seems to be a half a dozen or so trees on Ancestry that have done the same.
Ive just confirmed the names from my nans sisters dont know why i had that other name.

It's a lot more complicated. GRO has some info...

If it was along time ago or informal there might not be any records.

It's a lot more complicated. GRO has some info...

If it was along time ago or informal there might not be any records.
Have you found anything else wrong

Haven't look beyond the people in your pedigree.

You've changed William Andrews to the correct one but you've still got the ancestors of the other one you had previously.

And I think you have the wrong parents for John Dutton, possibly the son of a Moses Dutton and a Martha Taylor.

Haven't look beyond the people in your pedigree.

You've changed William Andrews to the correct one but you've still got the ancestors of the other one you had previously.

And I think you have the wrong parents for John Dutton, possibly the son of a Moses Dutton and a Martha Taylor.
John Dutton 1785 married to Mary Brooke’s in my tree that John

Hi me Again
Hope your both well.

Im trying to Find Elfed Jones born 1950 in east Glamorgan hospital son of Arfon And Eurona. He married Barbara thomas in 1972 in east Glamorgan last address i can find they were living with Arfon and Eurona in 1975 at 13 Brynglas Rhymney Valley. Then my trail goes dead i believe but not 100% they had a daughter Claire Louise Jones born 1973 in east Glamorgan. Please help wanting to know if they are still alive and if so where.

I can't see any listing for an Elfed and a Barbara Jones together. That may mean they'd split up, emigrated or are not listed on publicly available ERs.

Had a check of deaths and there doesn't seem to be one that matches, so if he didn't emigrate then he's probably still alive.

With so little info on ERs and with people moving around, you have to be quite fortunate to find someone with certainty.

Had a check of deaths and there doesn't seem to be one that matches, so if he didn't emigrate then he's probably still alive.

With so little info on ERs and with people moving around, you have to be quite fortunate to find someone with certainty.
Thank you anyway I know caerphilly was the last place he lived and i have no information on Barbara or there daughter Claire louise born 4th jul 1977 i think in Ogwr caerphilly.

I know this isnt really my family but Janes husband william T Richards married a Elizabeth Ann Lewis born abt 1986 in 1940 in MerthyrTydfil, i cant find anything for her before she married william she had 2 children who are not Williams but have his surname David and Victor. Elizabeth was still living in 1 Bryncoed cottages after william died but i can only see her there between 1948 to 1955 i have no death date. Just intreaged to know who the cottage went to.
Williams mum was left the cottage by her sister mary and it was passed down to the richards. William died in 1957 his probate says to Elizabeth Ann Richards.
Can you find anything on her

Can't be certain but she possibly died in 1965 (reg. Jun qtr), can't see a probate.

She may have been born Elizabeth Ann Davies and married a Benjamin Lewis in 1916. Benjamin died in 1936. Not sure why her children, who I'd assume would have been Benjamin's, would have William's surname.

Elizabeth is at 18 Elm St in 1939, same address given in the report of Benjamin's death.

Can't be certain but she possibly died in 1965 (reg. Jun qtr), can't see a probate.

She may have been born Elizabeth Ann Davies and married a Benjamin Lewis in 1916. Benjamin died in 1936. Not sure why her children, who I'd assume would have been Benjamin's, would have William's surname.

Elizabeth is at 18 Elm St in 1939, same address given in the report of Benjamin's death.
Thank you where is the report

Here you are

Attachments

• Benjamin Lewis funeral.JPG
    Benjamin Lewis funeral.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Benjamin Lewis funeral 2.JPG
    Benjamin Lewis funeral 2.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Appreciate
Reactions: MWS
There is an entry for William T Richards with Elizabeth Richards and children David and Victor on the 1939 so I am doubtful about theElizabeth who married Benjamin. But there is a marriage of an Elizabrth Lewis to William T Richards in 1940 so I think we need to be careful here.
1689515960838.png

• Appreciate
Reactions: MWS
With what I can see nothing is totally certain.

She is listed on the 1939 register as a widow at 18 Elm St so she was definitely Benjamin's wife. It also indicates she marries a Mr Richards and the marriage mentioned seems to be the only one, so seems to match.

And seeing Janice's info it does appear you've mixed up 2 families, so the lack of children mentioned for the funeral doesn't seem to be significant.

With what I can see nothing is totally certain.

She is listed on the 1939 register as a widow at 18 Elm St so she was definitely Benjamin's wife. It also indicates she marries a Mr Richards and the marriage mentioned seems to be the only one, so seems to match.

And seeing Janice's info it does appear you've mixed up 2 families, so the lack of children mentioned for the funeral doesn't seem to be significant.
So she had no children

Back