• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

ROBERT JONES Lyndon Road

i
Jones in Wales has got be amongst the worst. Just checking and checking and then checking again.

David Jones (b1843) does appear to be the son of Owen Jones and Margaret Roberts.

It looks as if Margaret Roberts died in 1844 and Owen subsequently married Elizabeth Roberts (nee Thomas) in 1850. David is with them in 1851 which caused by original error.

So David and Cadwalladr would have been brothers and this would explain the kinship to the Jones cousin and nephews mentioned on Owen David Jones' obituary.
thank you, my surname is awful you second guess yourself all the time trying to work it out.

Can you read that is cause of death on there

Attachments

• 652DCB1E-5ECF-485A-A497-0AD7C07D1200.png
    652DCB1E-5ECF-485A-A497-0AD7C07D1200.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
So David and Cadwalladr would have been brothers and this would explain the kinship to the Jones cousin and nephews mentioned on Owen David Jones' obituary.

That should be the Owen (surname) cousin and nephews, husband and sons of Jane Jones, Cadwalladr's daughter.

Assuming I haven't made a mistake (not impossible) then of William Jones 8 great grandparents there are 2 Jones, 3 Williams and 2 Roberts.

And as none appear to be related it highlights the challenges of Welsh ancestors.

It looks like owens brothers William, David and Griffith emergrated to America. But it is highly likely I’m wrong

Have we come across an Iris Jones in the orbits or am I making that up

I can't recall anything about an Iris.

It looks like owens brothers William, David and Griffith emergrated to America. But it is highly likely I’m wrong

I can see a lot of hints come up in America when looking at Griffith but all those same hints appear to come up when looking at other Griffith Joneses as well. So difficult to know.

Assuming I haven't made a mistake (not impossible) then of William Jones 8 great grandparents there are 2 Jones, 3 Williams and 2 Roberts.

And as none appear to be related it highlights the challenges of Welsh ancestors.
Do you have the names so I can see if we match what I have found please

Owen Jones b1800 Newborough, Anglesey
Margaret Roberts b1805 Anglesey

Griffith Williams b1817 Llangwyllog, Anglesey
Elizabeth Williams b1812 Aberffraw, Anglesey

David Williams
?

William Jones
?

David Williams and William Jones are listed as father's to David Williams & Margaret Jones on marriage. I did have David William's (father) wife as a Margaret Roberts but I can't find it now, so probably best to ignore. Apart from her father's name, Margaret Jones' is elusive before her marriage and I've been down 2 dead ends before eliminating both.

Last edited:
Owen Jones b1800 Newborough, Anglesey
Margaret Roberts b1805 Anglesey

Griffith Williams b1817 Llangwyllog, Anglesey
Elizabeth Williams b1812 Aberffraw, Anglesey

David Williams
?

William Jones
?

David Williams and William Jones are listed as father's to David Williams & Margaret Jones on marriage. I did have David William's (father) wife as a Margaret Roberts but I can't find it now, so probably best to ignore. Apart from her father's name, Margaret Jones' is elusive before her marriage and I've been down 2 dead ends before eliminating both.
Didnt owen marry a Elizabeth Roberts Nee Thomas as well as Margaret roberts

This is the marriage certificate i found they are both widowed owens dad is John Jones and this is the second marriage a Year after Margaret died

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230507-145857_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230507-145857_Samsung Internet.jpg
    441.2 KB · Views: 5
Yes, that's right but Margaret was William's great grandmother not Elizabeth, so didn't list her.

Oh ok got you.im out at the minute but i have something saved on my ipad. I found on someone else tree i want you to look at.

Do you think this the Jones family we have been finding

Attachments

• FE12202D-36F7-4238-9F72-A41E0DFDD908.png
    FE12202D-36F7-4238-9F72-A41E0DFDD908.png
    320.4 KB · Views: 5
Yes, Owen Jones with wife and children (Miriam incorrectly recorded as William as said) and Ann Roberts, assumed to be his wife's mother.

Records prior to 1939 seem to be available online. There's an overview here...

Records prior to 1939 seem to be available online. There's an overview here...

My grandad was world war 2. Its too complicated. Think i will leave it

I used to live the other side, born in weoley castle Dunstal Grove. behind the weoley castle pub our house was then moved to Northfield and then West Heath. Moved to Southampton 30 odd yrs ago, then 2 yrs ago moved to Merseyside.

No just wondering you have been helping me for a while now with my tree and just wondered if you lived there. Being Nosey
That's OK - being nosey is fine.
Going to be cheeky now. As you have had a lot of help, have you made (or have you considered) a donation to help continue the running of this site? There is no fee to join and those of us who help do so voluntarily using our own subscriptions to the various genealogy sites used.

There is a donate button (yellow) at the top of the forum home page.

Hope you don't mind me asking but as the saying goes - if you don't ask, you don't get.

Last edited:
That's OK - being nosey is fine.
Going to be cheeky now. As you have had a lot of help, have you made (or have you considered) a donation to help continue the running of this site? There is no fee to join and those of us who help do so voluntarily using our own subscriptions to the various genealogy sites used.

There is a donate button (yellow) at the top of the forum home page.

Hope you don't mind me asking but as the saying goes - if you don't ask, you don't get.
No that’s fine I will make a donation and that’s very true if you don’t ask you don’t get.

Back