• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

ROBERT JONES Lyndon Road

At first glance the only things I think are wrong is the birthplace and siblings you have for Sarah Ann Williams.

I think she was born in Llanrhaeadr-ym-Mochnant.
I’ve found a 1881 census
For David Williams same date of birth and place of birth you gave me
Living at old toll gate house in llanrhaeadr as a farm labourer
Living with
Margaret Williams
David
Sarah
Elizabeth
John
Evan
Is this the right siblings

Have you come across this I’d expect it to say grandson not boarder if I’m on the right family still

Attachments

• 2AAC2A58-6703-4ACA-B6DF-150997608DBA.png
    2AAC2A58-6703-4ACA-B6DF-150997608DBA.png
    671.5 KB · Views: 6
Do you have a William as well Sarah brother

Yes, a William, a Margaret and a Robert in addition to those in 1881.

I have see that 1911 census. I'm not certain that is your Idwal Jones, who is listed in Merthyr with his family in 1911. Because of the names it's easy to assume a relationship when there isn't one, he may just be what it says, a boarder.

Death certificates for david owen and jenny

Attachments

• COL028108_2023-1-DAVID_OWEN_JONES-1.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
  • COL028108_2023-1-DAVID_OWEN_JONES.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
I think it says "valvular disease of the heart".
Internet search came up with this:
What is valvular heart disease? Valvular heart disease is when any valve in the heart has damage or is diseased. There are several causes of valve disease.

• Appreciate
Reactions: MWS
I think it says "valvular disease of the heart".
Internet search came up with this:
What is valvular heart disease? Valvular heart disease is when any valve in the heart has damage or is diseased. There are several causes of valve disease.
Omg how weird my brother had a damaged valve and nearly died at 38 how strange.what is David’s is it a blood clot in the lungs.I ordered his because I was just curious that he was discharged from army on medical grounds then died not long after.

Again I had to look it up but had met it on a previous death cert.
Phithisis - which seems to be linked to TB

a progressively wasting or consumptive condition. especially : pulmonary tuberculosis

Again I had to look it up but had met it on a previous death cert.
Phithisis - which seems to be linked to TB

a progressively wasting or consumptive condition. especially : pulmonary tuberculosis
Thank you it’s the Phithisis I couldn’t read.so basically TB such a young age too. William died of a cerebral haemorrhage and gladys died of a General abcess i think it says.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230515-153906_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20230515-153906_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    305.3 KB · Views: 2
Morning I’m looking for Sarah’s birth certificate the only one I can find was born in Merthyr but she was born in dengbigshire any ideas.

It appears that Sarah Ann Williams may not have been registered. All her siblings appear to be registered in the Llanfyllin district but not her. Which either means she wasn't registered, she was registered incorrectly or she was registered in a neighbouring district, the first seems most likely.

Taking the birthplace given for him on the 1911 at face value, that would be the Bangor district. There's a reg. for a David Owen Jones mmn Williams Mar qtr 1896 but children aren't always registered with their middle name and if that happened in this instance there are 4 or 5 others it could be so wouldn't like to say with any certainty.

U
It appears that Sarah Ann Williams may not have been registered. All her siblings appear to be registered in the Llanfyllin district but not her. Which either means she wasn't registered, she was registered incorrectly or she was registered in a neighbouring district, the first seems most likely.

Taking the birthplace given for him on the 1911 at face value, that would be the Bangor district. There's a reg. for a David Owen Jones mmn Williams Mar qtr 1896 but children aren't always registered with their middle name and if that happened in this instance there are 4 or 5 others it could be so wouldn't like to say with any certainty.
Thats a shame what about marriage certificates for Owen and Sarah’s parents will look for that

I have David Owen it’s Owen David I’ve found his death on ancestry but it says his year of birth is 1867 not 66 that I have

I keep saying this but back then the year of birth didn't matter to people. Not like now where dob is key to all sorts of things none of those existed - no pension, no d licence, no drinking age etc. So several years out is possible.
My own gran's age is wrong on her gravestone as her daughters went by what she said. I now have her birth cert and know it was wrongly recorded. She was 78 but the gravestone says 80!!

I have David Owen it’s Owen David I’ve found his death on ancestry but it says his year of birth is 1867 not 66 that I have

Years of birth are not listed on death registers until the 1960s, just ages. His age is listed as 60 and he may not have had his birthday that year so could have been born in 1866 (possible baptism was 1 Aug 1866).

If, on Ancestry it says he was born in 1867 then they can only be extrapolating from his age and have a 50/50 chance of being wrong.

Years of birth are not listed on death registers until the 1960s, just ages. His age is listed as 60 and he may not have had his birthday that year so could have been born in 1866 (possible baptism was 1 Aug 1866).

If, on Ancestry it says he was born in 1867 then they can only be extrapolating from his age and have a 50/50 chance of being wrong.
I’ve found owen David jones 1927 qrt March Merthyr vol 11 page 1007 he was born 12th May 66 so died before birthday
Sarah Ann Jones 1935 qrt sept Merthyr vol 11a page 561 her birthday 22 Dec 1871

Which would mean he was 60 when he died but just taking 60 of 1927, if that's what they did, would give the incorrect year.

As both marriages appear to be on Ancestry and there's nothing more on the certificate you'd get from the registration then I'd say there was no need.

You appear to have a number of wrong marriage dates for David Williams and Margaret Jones.

I think it took place 29 Nov 1865. The registration page number on freebmd appears to be transcribed incorrectly, it's faded but I think it should be 476c, which then matches a Margaret Jones.

It is on Ancestry under Denbighshire Anglican Births, Marriages and Burials.

You appear to have a number of wrong marriage dates for David Williams and Margaret Jones.

I think it took place 29 Nov 1865. The registration page number on freebmd appears to be transcribed incorrectly, it's faded but I think it should be 476c, which then matches a Margaret Jones.

It is on Ancestry under Denbighshire Anglican Births, Marriages and Burials.
Thank you ive found it and added it

Back