• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

ROBERT JONES Lyndon Road

Got another one trying to help someone. I’m trying to find the mother of these children father was married 3x I cannot put the wives to these children. How ever there are another 3 children and I have found there mother.
Father Thomas Dando bAbt 1861 Llanelly wales d1938 Merthyr Tydfil
Children
Wilfred Thomas Dando b Abt 1890 d 1953
Sydney Melville Dando b abt1891
Lillian Priscilla Dando b abt1894
William C R Dando b Abt 1900 d1918
All born in Merthyr Tydfil
3 wives
Rosanna / Rose Evans b abt1869 Abergavenny wales d1930 Merthyr Tydfil
Mary a ? b abt1864
Eva m? Think it might be Jenkins
There is also a child on the 1901 census called Albert w Twiner b abt1881 down as rose child but not on the GRO
3 other children
Florance
Herbert
Thomas
Rose is their mother
Hope you can understand this

If you search on GRO them the birth reg of the children should give you the mmn (mother's maiden name). Ancestry won't until after 1916.

There are marriage registrations for a Thomas Dando in Merthyr to a Mary Ann Bridges (Dec 1884), Rose Evans (Jun 1899) and Eva M Jenkins (Sep 1930).

Albert Turner can't be Rose's son because he was only 12 years younger, appears to be a nephew, son of Thomas's sister Sophia. Rose doesn't appear to have been married previously.

Last edited:
Thank you, you have made sense of the mother children as her tree she had said mothers were different all mixed up

Here goes marriage certificate arrived

Married 24th June 1895 in Merthyr Tydfil
Owen David Jones age 29 occupation quarryman
Sarah Ann Williams age 23
Address both living in Bangor wales
Father of Owen, David Jones Deceased profession quarryman
Father of Sarah David Williams profession Labourer

Witnesses John Jones and Jane Jones.

So still likely that the parents of Sarah Ann Williams are the David and Margaret I previously mentioned.

Here goes marriage certificate arrived

Married 24th June 1895 in Merthyr Tydfil
Owen David Jones age 29 occupation quarryman
Sarah Ann Williams age 23
Address both living in Bangor wales
Father of Owen, David Jones Deceased profession quarryman
Father of Sarah David Williams profession Labourer

Witnesses John Jones and Jane Jones.

Not as helpful for Owen David Jones but I think I may have him.

The son of a David and Jane Jones. Jane's maiden name may also have been Jones and it may have been her who was related to the Cawalladr Jones mentioned previously.

In 1871 David and Jane are living in Bangor with 3 sons - David, Owen and William. Birthplace for David, Jane and David is Anglessey and Jane's appears to be the same as Cadwalladr's - Aberffraw. David's occupation is carter but could have changed.

In 1881 Jane is a widow living in Rhiwlas (a place mentioned previously) with 3 sons David, William and Griffith. Owen is absent which ties in with the Owen living with Cadwaladr.

In 1881 Owen's birthplace is listed as Minffordd, Bangor and there is a baptism for an Owen Jones, son of David and Jane 1 Aug 1866, abode is listed as Minffordd.

Still tricky, now think that Jane was not a Jones but a Williams, so not sure what the connection is to Cadwalladr is.

David Jones and Jane Williams married 5 Feb 1864 Llanfaes, Anglesey.

David was born Llangadwaladr, the son of Owen and Elizabeth Jones.

Jane was born Aberffraw, the daughter of Griffith and Elizabeth Williams.

There eldest son David was born before they were married and on his baptism it lists both parents and says Jane is a single woman.

Just found this does it help has Cadwaladr as witness

Attachments

• 01669385-E426-45A8-9C80-56A63B776ED9.png
    01669385-E426-45A8-9C80-56A63B776ED9.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
You've got a lot of Jones and Williams now and you've got to be careful you don't mix them up.

The Cadwalladr Jones mentioned is definitely the son of Owen Jones and Margaret Roberts. This was also mentioned previously.

David Jones, the possible father of Owen Jones is not the son of Owen Jones and Margaret Roberts. His parents are an Owen Jones and an Elizabeth.

What the connection Cadwalladr Jones has to your certain Jones relatives I'm still not sure.

Do you think David and janes children.William, Griffith and David could of emigrated to America and William became a reverand

Jones in Wales has got be amongst the worst. Just checking and checking and then checking again.

David Jones (b1843) does appear to be the son of Owen Jones and Margaret Roberts.

It looks as if Margaret Roberts died in 1844 and Owen subsequently married Elizabeth Roberts (nee Thomas) in 1850. David is with them in 1851 which caused by original error.

So David and Cadwalladr would have been brothers and this would explain the kinship to the Jones cousin and nephews mentioned on Owen David Jones' obituary.

Back