• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

IN OUR GARDEN 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh look at the eggs. How lovely. Thanks for posting. The eggs were a great colour, almost like a purple speckle against a buff background. Nice colou combination for indoors!

No gardening today for me as we are going from "before" to "after". Yes - the fence is being built the wrong way (ie we get the less good side - but it will be a nice solid fence which shuld last longer than the panels) but it was the only way to get round all my shrubs. He had a nightmare getting round next door's fir tree but they have very few shrubs to hinder progress.
Leaning over into next door the last photo shows what it looks like

Attachments

• before 1.jpg
    before 1.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 17
  • after 1.jpg
    after 1.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 17
  • right side.JPG
    right side.JPG
    250.2 KB · Views: 16
Looks good Jan. Nice neat job around the tree too. Hoping to see more tomorrow when it's finished.

I've just watered the garden today, I've been painting some internal doors.

Looks good Jan. Nice neat job around the tree too. Hoping to see more tomorrow when it's finished.

I've just watered the garden today, I've been painting some internal doors.
Thanks - I was quite pleased as I was a bit concerned about that tree. Next door do nothing with it - we get our side shaped a couple of times a year. Still I can't complain as they have let the men work in their garden and store the timber there. I have had nothing my side apart from the old panels which have now gone.

I did nip out and water when the men finished for the day. Just had a shower of rain - didn't last long.

Hope your fence is coming along nicely Jan? Be sure to post as soon as you feel like it. Having people round to do jobs can be exhausting sometimes.

Just watering for me today, I've finished my egg shell woodwork painting in the hall and kitchen.

Hope your fence is coming along nicely Jan? Be sure to post as soon as you feel like it. Having people round to do jobs can be exhausting sometimes.

Just watering for me today, I've finished my egg shell woodwork painting in the hall and kitchen.
It is finished. Delighted and so is my neighbour.
Here we are - dodging between the shrubs. Slightly higher than old fence so neighbours apple tree doesn't lean as much :D

Attachments

• P1010824.JPG
    P1010824.JPG
    369 KB · Views: 21
  • P1010825.JPG
    P1010825.JPG
    353.6 KB · Views: 22
  • P1010826.JPG
    P1010826.JPG
    280.2 KB · Views: 22
I have 3 sweet cherry trees with a total of 5 cherries ! One of my apple trees is looking very poorly but still has apples growing well. Sweet peas, annual { lovely scent } & perennial, same flower but no scent, in fact all flowers are blooming lovely !! Sadly i have an invasion of what i think are Buttercups that are sending out runners. I can`t dig them out without also digging up other plants. Guess i will just have to put up with the Buttercups !

How long is the fence, or how long is your garden Jan?
Sorry Kat needed to work it out. Garden is around 50 ft. Fence slightly shorter as it ends in a piece of trellis. As we are almost on a bend the garden tapers to a point. Very odd but the fence across the bottom actually belongs to a house 4 doors down the road. Long but narrow as the house is typical terraced - all rooms behind one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back