• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

IN OUR GARDEN 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering how you got such wonderful photos at that time of night, Steve, but then realised you are so much North of us 'Brummies'. Presumably sunset was over North Sea?
Quite agree with you Kat. I've just been looking at the Ospey's nest at Loch of the Lowes and thinking exactly the same

Wondering how you got such wonderful photos at that time of night, Steve, but then realised you are so much North of us 'Brummies'. Presumably sunset was over North Sea?
Quite agree with you Kat. I've just been looking at the Ospey's nest at Loch of the Lowes and thinking exactly the same
Yes, it's still light at midnight, at this time of year.

Steve.

We love hydrangeas too Kat. We only have three, a very large blue with masses of flowers on, a Lacecap which is still small but loaded with flowers just coming out, and a Standard white, again with masses of flowers. The latter was bought for my birthday couple of years ago, I had never seen a standard one until then

My hosta has large holes in it from the hailstorm last week Kat. So has the plastic roof on my "verandah". (It's the area between the kitchen and the garage).
rosie.

1687728026641.png
1687728077729.png
Finally getting some very nice blooms in our garden
We replace our dead cedar tree with a Bloodgood Japanese maple. Cutting the tree down was uneventful but it took the stump grinder about 5 hours to clear eveything. The stump grinder cost $500.00 to rent plus the worker. And don't even talk about how much an 8ft tree and mulch cost!
We are very pleased at the start of summer with our garden.

Test driving my new BBQ today. What a weather forecast! 25 deg. by midday. Thunder and lightening at 14:00 hrs. Possibility of hail at 15.00 hrs.

I'll be scrambling to protect flowers and food, by the look of things.

Steve.
Steve, what kind of BBQ did you get? We got a gas grill a couple of years ago, and a large pellet smoker last year! Just getting ready to grill some chicken.

Steve, what kind of BBQ did you get? We got a gas grill a couple of years ago, and a large pellet smoker last year! Just getting ready to grill some chicken.

I thought that I would try one of these, never having done so.

I bought a barrel from the local cooperage, and cut it down to a good working height. Luck was on my side, as a Hogshead lid fitted perfectly. I can store charcoal etc. inside.

I also am able to use the section that I cut off, as a planter.

Steve.

I bought a barrel from the local cooperage, and cut it down to a good working height. Luck was on my side, as a Hogshead lid fitted perfectly. I can store charcoal etc. inside.

Steve.
what time is blast off Steve?

Steve.
Well done Steve! I looked at those and purchased a pellet smokeer to complement our gas grill. My son has one of those, a little larger that they love. My grandson uses all the time, he is 16 and always experimenting with it.
Good luck & enjoy!

I bought a barrel from the local cooperage, and cut it down to a good working height. Luck was on my side,http://essaypapers.reviews/ as a Hogshead lid fitted perfectly. I can store charcoal etc. inside.

Steve.
This one looks great, where did you get these barrels?

Steve.
you could go into making wooden dog beds steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back