• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

IN OUR GARDEN 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Lady P, so sorry, just re-read your post. I thought you meant you'd cut the best of the roses before the storm. Oh no, I hope there's not too much damage, that's so annoying. Sorry I misunderstood x

Great photos of the birds Steve. Seems to me there is not only more aggression these days in mankind, but in bird life too. We had three Magpies in the garden yesterday going manic. We wondered if that is what happened last week when we found two dead in the garden.
Also, on Saturday there was a Blackbird quietly enjoying a fatball when suddenly four sparrows come down and attacked it.

No problem Kat - not to worry. I'm not very experienced with roses and this year my climber had done exceptionally well so I was really disappointed. The storm affected other plants too. Still, we can't control the weather than we!

Here's my neglected garden, the cleared patch is where I planted out the seedling that were topped off with 2 inches of hailstones a couple of hours later but some seem to have survived.
There's an assortment of seeds I bought in one pack from Home Bargains for £1.00.

Attachments

• neglect.jpg
    neglect.jpg
    384.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Pinkstoday.jpg
    Pinkstoday.jpg
    444.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Rosestoday.jpg
    Rosestoday.jpg
    501 KB · Views: 17
  • Patchtoday.jpg
    Patchtoday.jpg
    304.7 KB · Views: 19
Lady P, that's so annoying when the weather causes destruction. A few years ago we had a hail storm, it pur gigantic holes in my hydrangea, I never got it right again.

The bourganvillia is full of flowers now! I find that even in the warmer weather, if I put them in my south facing window ledge for a week, this encourages flowers.

We had a lovely box tree on the patio, trimmed (intermittently and inexpertly) into a cone shape. It looked very elegant but we returned from holiday to find that it had been decimated by the box tree moth. It was covered in caterpillars and despite the fact that my neighbour picked them all off for me I couldn't fancy it any more. I shall wait a while and buy another one or something similar. Any suggestions please?

I'm not sure about your set up but on my photos programme a right click will bring up an option to resize, I set mine to 1200 width and it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back