• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

tidy up please

thank you froth thats smashing..see post 149...well you did say you enjoyed doing these tidy ups lol..

dairy_terrace_(1).jpgthis one is not that bad but could anyone do a small tidy up on it please..

many thanks

lyn

thank you mort that is much better...put it on for lynne webb...they are her grandmother...dad and her dads 2 sisters taken about 1921 ish...

many thank mort

lyn

City%20St%20Pauls%20Square%20Pitt%20&%20%20Swatkins.jpgCity%20St%20Pauls%20Square%201941.jpghi folks could anyone have a go at sharpening up these 2 pics please...many thanks...

lyn

Hi Lyn

These are a bit on the low resolution side to make much of an improvement, but I think they look a bit better; hope this is ok x

City%2520St%2520Pauls%2520Square%2520Pitt%2520&%2520%2520Swatkins.jpgCity%2520St%2520Pauls%2520Square%25201941.jpg

hi folks could anyone please have go at improving these not very good copies of these 3 pics that have come into my possession...would be helpful if i could read what is written on the board underneath where it says st georges in pic 2..need to do some research on that one and the pub photo...there is info on the backs of them but need to try to verify so that i can post them on the appropriate threads on the forum..

many thanks folks

lyn

Attachments

• img802.jpg
    img802.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 48
  • img803.jpg
    img803.jpg
    772 KB · Views: 49
  • img804.jpg
    img804.jpg
    547.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
oh cheers lofty..looking again at the photo the letters underneath st georges do seem to be GFSTS for girls friendly society training school...

many thanks i will try and find out the address of where it was

lyn

img803.jpgLyn, slight improvement, but a bit difficult to recover information that is blown out.

thank you mort....that one is st georges choir 1930 so i am assuming its st georges church newtown..

thank you mort...they were quite bad wernt they...anyhow that is the plough and harrow that was at 131 hampton st newtown..

lyn

hi folks could anyone have a go at repairing these 2 family photos please...the one of my son tom at school is pretty badly watered damaged but he does have a good side left lol..

many thanks for any efforts..

lyn

Attachments

• img825.jpg
    img825.jpg
    417.4 KB · Views: 34
  • img815.jpg
    img815.jpg
    353.6 KB · Views: 26
thanks mort a great job on that one...the babe in arms is my childrens dad taken in 1949.. and of course their grandparents all deceased..grandfather died in 1954 and grandmother in 1970...we can frame it now..

lyn

Last edited:
Back