• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

tidy up please

Would appreciate if someone could do anything with this photo...

scan0016.jpg

...it's one that's been handed down. It's supposedly my great aunt with 3 of her children and it's in a bit of a state. I've been trying to match the children to guess the year but not certain. Possibly just pre WWI.

Thanks.

Would appreciate if someone could do anything with this photo...

View attachment 141259

...it's one that's been handed down. It's supposedly my great aunt with 3 of her children and it's in a bit of a state. I've been trying to match the children to guess the year but not certain. Possibly just pre WWI.

Thanks.
A try

Attachments

• MWS 04022020.jpg
    MWS 04022020.jpg
    472.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Appreciate
Reactions: MWS
Thank you Jonob and oldMohawk, amazing stuff. I had to look at the original again to see where the fold was.

Very much appreciated.

Last edited:
hi folks...would appreciate it if anyone could tidy this one up for me also looking at the dress any ideas of the date it could have been taken...many thanks

lyn

jac family.jpg

many thanks mike and mort...looking good...any guesses please as to the date it was taken and would you say the lady was wearing a wedding ring...

lyn

these are all great thanks phil...now all i need is a rough date...looks edwardian era to me

lyn

Last edited:
My go. No guess with the date I'm afraid. Is there any info as to who the photographer was? If it was taken professionally - and it was - we might get a date from the photographer's name. Yes I would say she's wearing a wedding ring.

jac family.jpg

many thanks knobbydave...i will find out if there is a photographers name on it

lyn

Hi Lyn, after browsing the internet I definitely think the ladies hairstyle is more Edwardian than Victorian. The flat crown and fullness at the front seems typical. Here are some pictures I found:
Edwardian 2.jpgEdwardian 3.jpgEdwardian 4.jpgEdwardian 1.jpg

many thanks pen great help... that is what i thought also the collar on the boy looks edwardian to me...edwardian era i think was from 1901 to 1910

lyn

Yes Lyn. I do think that the fashions lasted longer though especially in view of the fact that WW1 started. She does look early Edwardian to me though - there's something about the picture and her dress. Who is she?

hi pen yes i guessed that the fashion maybe lasted a bit longer but i agree it does look early to middle edwardian...she is a rellie of a friend of mine...we are just trying to date it to pin down who the baby and the young lad are...as in so many cases nothing written on the back :rolleyes:

lyn

I was left our Woolley family album with approximately 80 photos inside. I scanned them all and put them onto discs but I'm still trying to work out who some of the people are so I sympathise. Sometimes you can see a family likeness, or think you can, and have to hazard a guess from the census or other docs. Perhaps we should come back as detectives in another life!!

Can anyone repair this?

it's an old school picture of me, I'm guessing I'm about 5. Dad found it in a box of some of his old work papers a couple of years ago. He used to have it on his desk at work & it must have got picked up with the rest of his stuff & the box was is his shed for a decade of so & it's got creased & a little water damaged too. For some reason it's showing upside down even though it looks the right way up on my tablet....

Attachments

• img087.jpg
    img087.jpg
    664.1 KB · Views: 15
Back