• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

National Memorial Arboretum

More
SDC10433.jpg

SDC10419.jpg

SDC10418.jpg

SDC10435.jpg

Lovely pictures Dave - thanks for posting them.

I think ??? I saw recently there was a memorial for 9/11. I didn't really understand why it would be there. Do you know anything about it? Maybe I have got the wrong place :rolleyes:

Lovely pictures Dave - thanks for posting them.

I think ??? I saw recently there was a memorial for 9/11. I didn't really understand why it would be there. Do you know anything about it? Maybe I have got the wrong place :rolleyes:

pollypops yes there is a memorial at the NMA, it`s near the reception, pic next time there Dave

pollypops yes there is a memorial at the NMA, it`s near the reception, pic next time there Dave
hello again Dave, have been in touch with Richard Woolley our branch sec;, the whole site is run by the
RBL, so their management committee have a big say in what goes where, if that makes sense. Several ideas have been put forward ti stop people taking short cuts over the sand. As I said before it is on the agenda. for
our National AGM at Harrogate , thanks again Bernard

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the Annual Ride to the Wall is a sight worth seeing.
Motorcyclists from all over the country meet at Drayton Manor Park in Tamworth and ride out to the NMA in convoy, where a service is held.
Last year, there was a Spitfire flypast and so many riders that some were not able to park before the service, 7,500 bikes and the 29,600 pounds raised from subscribing to the ride and the commemorative t-shirts and badges all went direct to the NMA funds.
This years ride is on Saturday, 2nd October, if you live anywhere near the route, give the riders a wave!! I don't ride, but my other half participates.
If I can work out how to do it will post the video of the spitfire.
Sue

Hi Sue, wasnt able to on theA38 to give the lads a wave, it was on the Midland news, there was a
photo in the Sunday Mercury, well done, bet they raised a lot of money for the NMA, Bernard

Hi Dave, am going to our bi/monthly meeting of the Suez Vets tomorrow lunchtime, so I may find out more about our site at Alrewas, there
should be a report from the National AGM, keep in touch, Cheers Bernard

Hello again Dave, there was a full house at the SVA do,we meet every couple of month and do a bit of "Lampswinging".From what they told us the
RBL have most say at Alrewas, after all it their site I suppose, must go over again when its completed.Have booked + paid for our Christmas Dinner, same place as last year, it was a really nice meal.When you get to eighty eating is one of the few pleasures left in life. Will keep in
touch, cheers Bernard

Hi Dave,
Thank you for posting the pictures of the 9/11 memorial - excellent photos as always.

How strange that I should ask about it - I see that some of the funds for the memorial were raised by the citizens of Hereford and Worcester. I remember giving to this fund when the firemen were collecting at Bromsgrove but I didn't think to ask where the memorial was going to be.

Polly :)

Back