• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

National Memorial Arboretum

Lovely photo's Dave. I have been waring my little poppy badge that I bought on a visit to the Arboretum. I always buy a poppy but often loose it so it's nice to have my badge!:)

Dave I have been three times now but don't remember seeing these mind you it's a fair old walk all the way round.

Dave thanks for those lovely photo's. I too can't remember the post boxes but do remember the large pebbles with peoples names on. Jean.

Dave thanks for those lovely photo's. I too can't remember the post boxes but do remember the large pebbles with peoples names on. Jean.

G.G. in the past have helped to place two Pebbles there, the original area of the Pebbles has been made smaller Dave

Saw the Arboretum on the news tonight, a single stonemason putting names on memorials, he will never be out of work, another Coldstreamer killed yesterday, their
tour ends on April 10th, I dont know why they dont bring them all home, its a war we just can not win, such a waste, Bernard

God bless Guardsman Michael Sweeney 1st Battalion Coldstream Guards, and God bless and help his poor family to comprehend why their dear boy won't be home again, my prayers are with them, the politicians will soon forget and some of the public, some of us will not.
Nuli Secundus
paul

Will be at the Arboretum today around 1200, HMS Victorious Association and friends, having a mini meet at the Victorious Memorial tree, Dave

excellent dave...i noticed it was tot time...:D wouldnt be the same without it.....

lyn

It was my first visit to the NMA today. What a fantastic experience..
SDC10397-1.jpg

SDC10399-1.jpg

SDC10400-1.jpg

SDC10401-1.jpg

SDC10403-1.jpg

SDC10404.jpg

SDC10405.jpg

SDC10406.jpg

Back