• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

In the garden 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
i must grow a few plants:grinning:

For centuries, Angelica has been used by the Chinese for the treatment for hair loss. Enriched with Vitamin E, it helps stimulate oxygen flow in the body and scalp. Besides, it improves metabolism and replenishes the nutrients supply in the body, which is essential for hair growth. but it is
1664644886524.png

after 2 weeks of rain my grass is lookin good again.not like a coconut mat, so no more cutting untll it next year
oorah

There is some small creature who sleeps in a corner of our front porch because every morning there are a cluster of tiny black & white droppings, what could it be?

droppings2.jpg

Two dahlias blooming today - These were mixed in with some bedding plants I was given and I didn't realise what they were until they flowered.
I still have petunias and begonias flowering.

Attachments

• Red dahlia.jpg
    Red dahlia.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Yellow dahlia.jpg
    Yellow dahlia.jpg
    420.1 KB · Views: 3
  • border.jpg
    border.jpg
    474.9 KB · Views: 3
Earlier this week I had another passion flower out and there are more buds. The plant flowered earlier in the year (I think I posted a photo) and then in the drought the plant really struggled even though I watered it. There have been two flowers in the last two weeks and there are more buds.

Attachments

• passion flower 2.jpg
    passion flower 2.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 7
Swanshurst Park.
Is it Swanshurst where there was a public golf course ? I remember going there with a few mates, and getting a club, a putter and a ball each. 9 holes I think. I am about 60 years away now, so memory is hazy.

Wood Pigeons not the brightest birds around. We have had similar situations watching falcons on the roof of the house behind. I think Wood Pigeons must be too big a prey I have seen them swooped upon but not killed just a shower of feathers as they escape.
Pigeons here go around in gangs. The kestrel probably couldn't manage one, but a sparrow hawk can, and has done in our field.

Andrew.

Is it Swanshurst where there was a public golf course ? I remember going there with a few mates, and getting a club, a putter and a ball each. 9 holes I think. I am about 60 years away now, so memory is hazy.

Pigeons here go around in gangs. The kestrel probably couldn't manage one, but a sparrow hawk can, and has done in our field.

Andrew.
There was a par 3 9 hole course but its been abandoned now and is all overgrown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back