• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
richardinwales
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• richardinwales
      Happy birthday OM, 73 and good DX hi hi
    • richardinwales
      richardinwales replied to the thread Radio.
      If you look on ebay you can pick up an old Grundig radio for @£25 and they have pretty good speaks and the radio is quite signal sensitive.
    • richardinwales
      I had a little transistor radio for my 13th birthday and took on a school camping/climbing trip and it was like a kid today walking into...
    • richardinwales
      BBC radio is log in free on the BBC Sounds app for phone/computer https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds At least we're not stuck with just four...
    • richardinwales
      To be honest I've been a fan of aunty beeb all my life and thought the license fee good value taking into account what the beeb offers...
    • richardinwales
      This was popular back in the day But sad to say
    • richardinwales
      richardinwales reacted to Vivienne14's post in the thread Clothes & shoes of yesteryear with Appreciate Appreciate.
      Not hot pants Eric, but a mini skirt. Having just said I didn’t wear hats, I seem to be wearing a hat !!! This was December 1969. Viv.
    • richardinwales
      If you have an Alexa device at home ask it this "Alexa what happens if you tread on a lego" You'll get an answer ;)
    • richardinwales
      Our daughter posted that photo of Jacob and Gryff the dog on a family Face Book group this morning and its had 11,900 likes in 12 hours...
      • sophia xmas lego.jpeg
    • richardinwales
      "more like a 'monkey on a bit of elastic" LOL been there, seen that survived that and got the medal :) Its great fun though.
    • richardinwales
      Thank you all for your comments, sadly the peace and quiet will be shattered here in about an hour when Jacob and his sister Sophia...
    • richardinwales
      Xmas is hard on (young) men and beasts alike, about an hour after lunch
      • jacob and gryff.jpg
    • richardinwales
      richardinwales replied to the thread Christmas greetings 2021.
      23:30 and I've closed the kitchen and escaped up to radio shack to see who's on air :) Had a great day, our son is staying for a few...
    • richardinwales
      richardinwales reacted to mw0njm.'s post in the thread Christmas greetings 2021 with Appreciate Appreciate.
      thanks Richardinwales Nadolig llawen a blwyddyn newydd dda i chi hefyd merry xmas and happy new year to you too i still am a Born and...
    • richardinwales
      richardinwales replied to the thread winson green asylum.
      My wife did her Registered Mental Health Nurse training at All Saints and nursed for 40 years (twenty here in Wales), retired and a...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…