• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
MWS
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• MWS
      MWS reacted to pjmburns's post in the thread Richard Arnold 8268 Worcestershire Regiment with Appreciate Appreciate.
      Maud (listed as Amy, plus Lewis (your Richard) and Annie) is at Red House Road on 1891 census but there are no house numbers. The 80...
    • MWS
      It's easy to say when it's not your relative but they do appear to be the correct family and the 2 Richards the same person.
    • MWS
      MWS replied to the thread D.N.A. TESTING.
      Your result should be the presumed outcome for any uk person taking a dna test for origin purposes. As said previously as databases grow...
    • MWS
      MWS reacted to Martyn's post in the thread D.N.A. TESTING with Appreciate Appreciate.
      In the words of the great Brummie Tony Hancock from 'The Blood Donor', my DNA test only confirmed that I was 'Anglo Saxon with perhaps a...
    • MWS
      MWS replied to the thread Metro Progress 2022.
      Limited return on 5th June... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-61611224
    • MWS
      A couple of strange coincidences if they are not the same person. As Lewis Richard appears to alternate his name he could have assumed...
    • MWS
      MWS reacted to Heartland's post in the thread Metro Progress 2022 with Appreciate Appreciate.
      It is not just a bad show the longer this state of affairs goes on the more extended the traveling public is badly affected. The long...
    • MWS
      MWS reacted to williamjukes's post in the thread D.N.A. TESTING with Appreciate Appreciate.
      Ancestry does have the largest DNA database, and if you test with them you can upload your results to other sites for free - Gedcom, My...
    • MWS
      MWS reacted to Stokkie's post in the thread Hales & Sons Warehouse Leach Lane Ladywood with Appreciate Appreciate.
      My mother, Edith Chinn worked there for seventeen and a half years starting bagging sugar age 14 in 1921. It was a wholesale grocers...
    • MWS
      If you've exhausted all other options - ancestry sites, family stories, old documents and possessions - then it may be the only chance...
    • MWS
      MWS reacted to Gus Wah's post in the thread D.N.A. TESTING with Appreciate Appreciate.
      Well, it's a major problem for me since all four of my grandparents immigrated here FROM FRANCE. The absence of French data appearing...
    • MWS
      MWS reacted to Gus Wah's post in the thread D.N.A. TESTING with Appreciate Appreciate.
      The fundamental premise behind all DNA testing companies is that buying their test will tell you what you would not have otherwise...
    • MWS
      Which highlights one of the problems. If areas are not represented then your results are going to be skewed.
    • MWS
      MWS reacted to jmadone's post in the thread D.N.A. TESTING with Appreciate Appreciate.
      With France's alleged reputation for infidelity and promiscuity this is probably to protect politicians and statesmen :laughing:
    • MWS
      MWS reacted to carolina's post in the thread D.N.A. TESTING with Appreciate Appreciate.
      UK and USA DNA testing is legal but France since 1994 have made it illegal and heavy fines are levied if found out.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…